LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

Surprise Starters

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know that It's way too early to have a definitive answer, but what player/players might win a starting spot that would be a surprise?

I think that Reaser might be the other CB to start with Brock.

I also think that Millard will beat out Bruce.
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Jun 4, 2015 at 6:02 AM ]
Random guess based on very little but I'll say Chris Cook.
Originally posted by natrone06:

Lol I hope you're wrong
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

Lol I hope you're wrong

Yeah, I'd hate to have another 6'2" CB with first-round talent excel here opposite of 6'2" Dontae Johnson. That would just suck! Mangini would hate having the ability to play jam-press/press at every snap if he wanted.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Lol I hope you're wrong

hey, if he shows the improvement this year we saw from him last year before he got hurt,, that would not be bad. why not? he was on the cusp of making the team last year.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Cook win a starting spot if he's fully healed from his hamstring injury of last year.

Not really many other spots where I could see a "surprise". But I'll say there's a chance we could have a surprise starter at RG if Boone gets traded. Could see Marcus Martin being a surprise starter at either guard spot. 1) at RG if Boone is traded, or 2) at LG by beating out Brandon Thomas -- could happen, considering he has a one-year edge in actual on-field NFL experience.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Blaine Gabbert.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Cook win a starting spot if he's fully healed from his hamstring injury of last year.

Not really many other spots where I could see a "surprise". But I'll say there's a chance we could have a surprise starter at RG if Boone gets traded. Could see Marcus Martin being a surprise starter at either guard spot. 1) at RG if Boone is traded, or 2) at LG by beating out Brandon Thomas -- could happen, considering he has a one-year edge in actual on-field NFL experience.

Great calls! And this is all assuming no injuries, naturally.
Blake the beast Bell.
Dial opposite of Dockett, Eli Harold opposite of Aldon Smith. I think Aaron lynch becomes a situational pass rusher, he was really soft against the run last season. And it feels like they are looking for a reason to cut ties with Brooks.

I'm hoping Johnson and Brock are our starting corners
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Blaine Gabbert.

this after kap gets smashed behind that patchwork oline.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Blaine Gabbert.

this after kap gets smashed behind that patchwork oline.

O-line was in shambles last year and Kap did just fine. He doesnt take the hits that Cam, RG3 and those boys take.

To even mention Blaine Gabbert in a starting role makes me

Lol I hope you're wrong

Chris Cook looked very solid prior to getting hurt last year. I'm a fan and would love if he wins the starting spot. Big and athletic.
Share 49ersWebzone