He's so damn big and fast its amazing.
Originally posted by 49ersforlife4952:
This dude is special he's a monster he's a mix between Ogden/ and Larry Allen

And he's got a chip on his shoulder, and in his ear
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersforlife4952:
This dude is special he's a monster he's a mix between Ogden/ and Larry Allen

I agree with Ogden but Allen was a different monster all together. Possibly the strongest player in the NFL during his career to go with his light feet for a 340lb man, he also played with extreme brutality as well as technique. Brown only managed 20 reps at his pro day, needs to work on his body a bit more but he has the potential to be an Ogden type without a doubt.
Originally posted by jcs:
I agree with Ogden but Allen was a different monster all together. Possibly the strongest player in the NFL during his career to go with his light feet for a 340lb man, he also played with extreme brutality as well as technique. Brown only managed 20 reps at his pro day, needs to work on his body a bit more but he has the potential to be an Ogden type without a doubt.

Allen did toss linemen 10-15 yards, but with Browns new found dedication there's no saying he can't become an Allen type. He's huge just needs to commit
It's so crazy that this guy took so long to be in the starting lineup last year. I know he was a rookie but man he's so much better then pears. Not a kaepernick fan but I think it's so hard to tell who gives us the best chance to win after seeing the offensive line now vs last year when kaep started. It's night and day. I really hope we can extend his contact along with tiller.
Originally posted by jcs:
Yes very tru but he's still just a young guy who's is going to get much stronger and better plus brown is nasty just like Allen
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO.

Thank you susBoner, Y2R, Wu, Elephant, italyn, 4ML, pd, etc. for fueling Trenton Brown. Well done!

Insults keep 49ers' Trent Brown grounded after standout preseason

Eric Branch | on September 10, 2016

Last week, the 49ers' offensive players received a packet that included the game plan for their season opener Monday night against the Rams.

On the first page of his copy, in large writing, right tackle Trent Brown wrote himself a few reminders.

"You're sorry as hell."

"You haven't done s—."

"You suck."

"Get your ass going."

Don't worry: Brown, 23, doesn't suffer from a poor self-concept; he just doesn't want to suffer from a bloated head. The scathing messages come on the heels of a preseason in which the supersize Brown — 6-foot-8 ½, 355 pounds — received outsize praise.

Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Staley, 32, one of the 49ers' best players, said Brown could become one of the best players … in NFL history. Offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, 60, who owns two Super Bowl rings, said Brown has the size and athleticism that "would probably be in line with most guys that have ever played the position."

And Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller, the Super Bowl MVP who is among the league's premier pass-rushers, termed Brown one of the NFL's "better tackles" based on their recent meetings in two joint practices and a preseason game.

The praise from Miller left Brown "speechless," but it's also the type of did-he-really-say-that compliment that's inspired him to write on his playbook. During training camp, as Brown took X-and-Os notes during meetings, he also scrawled his insults.

After all, he's a 2015 seventh-round pick whose NFL career consists of two starts and 189 snaps. He might have all-world ability, but he hasn't done …

"I literally write them on a piece of paper in big bold letters and put it in quotations," Brown said. "Yeah, I tell myself that. Note to self: 'You suck.'"

The notes are necessary for Brown, whose biggest opponent has always been complacency, an enemy that explains why he was the 244th player (and 44th offensive lineman) selected in a 256-man draft. Many athletes are driven to achieve greatness because of a fear of failure. Brown has known, from an early age, that his size and skills made him immune to on-field embarrassment.

After dominating at lower levels, his spotty work ethic caught up with him at Florida, where he started just 11 of 23 games in two seasons. He tumbled down draft boards amid chatter that poor conditioning didn't allow him to play entire games. He's made significant strides in the NFL, but his teammates aren't satisfied.

Staley's compliments have been mixed with challenges. In discussing Brown, he's invoked Hall-of-Famer Jonathan Ogden, one of the best tackles in NFL history.

Staley was recently pressed on that seemingly hyperbolic comparison. Jonathan Ogden (11 Pro Bowls) and Trent Brown (five NFL games)? Really, Joe? Staley didn't backtrack.

I found it interesting that on the last series of the game when Kap came in they put in AD at RT and moved Brown over to LT. So if Staley were to get hurt it looks like our LT would be Brown. They are clearly grooming him to take over that LT spot once Staley is done.
Looks like Jon Ogden out there. Amazing this guy fell into the 7th rd.
Jersey worthy if you're a big dude that likes rocking linemen jerseys lol.

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Jersey worthy if you're a big dude that likes rocking linemen jerseys lol.

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Looks like Jon Ogden out there. Amazing this guy fell into the 7th rd.

Excellent pick-up by Baalke.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
I found it interesting that on the last series of the game when Kap came in they put in AD at RT and moved Brown over to LT. So if Staley were to get hurt it looks like our LT would be Brown. They are clearly grooming him to take over that LT spot once Staley is done.

Very smart coaching too. Get him as much experience there as possible...just in case.

Very smart coaching too. Get him as much experience there as possible...just in case.

Would you trade Staley for 2 firsts and a solid WR? Like very good to great WR.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 13, 2016 at 4:43 PM ]

Agreed. This is a very smart coaching staff who is thinking ahead & making very smart moves & plays for this team
Share 49ersWebzone