LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Dres Anderson Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Finally had the chance to watch FIlm on our UDFA class and Anderson is my favorite WR.

2013 Season Stats

12 Games
53 Receptions
18,9 Yards Per Reception
1002 Yards
7 TD

CBS Sports

- Four-time Academic All-Pac-12 honors
- Leaves Utah ranked top-six all-time in receiving Yards, 100-yard games and touchdown catches
- Has excellent play speed to stretch the field
- Long, fast strides to eat grass and get to top speed in a hurry, running as if his feet are on fire
- Quick release off the line of scrimmage
- Shifts gears well in his routes and after the catch with the field awareness to find green
- Balanced and tough before and after the catch to work in traffic and finish runs as a ballcarrier
- Showing body control and length to extend his catching radius
- Uses his footwork well along the sideline

- Coachable prospect with NFL intangibles, refusing to be out-worked according to Utah coaches

- Skinny frame
- Too many drops
- Torn meniscus in left knee caused Anderson to miss second half of his senior year

Highilght Tape

[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 31, 2015 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by tsty:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by tsty:
With all due respect to all the pundits, if we would've drafted Beckham last year like we should've, Patton would be a moot point anyway, Again, Patton don't scare anybody in our division or KAPY in a foot race,lol and I've met him a few times,we're the same height (I'm 5'11 1/2). BTW, good point....you do beat seattle with deep speed and quickness, Edelman and Amendola are better than Patton and Ellington.

Yeah, if we would have traded away our entire draft for a WR we would have been as successful as ATL was last year!!!

Oh wait....
A few pundits should get their facts straight before posting......Beckham would have cost a few picks but not the whole draft (we still get Hyde and Borland in the draft after trading picks and drafting Beckham).Patton and Ellington have to show something to hold off some quicker and evenly talented but hungry kids in preseason.

Bro, I don't know how draft trades work in Madden, but in the real world you don't move up from pick 30 to pick 11 with out giving up your 2nd and 3rd round picks. We would have had to move up 19 spots to get Beckham. The falcons moved up 21 spots for Julio Jones and gave up two 1st round picks, a 2nd, and two 4ths. If we didn't have any trades or comp picks (which are not tradeable) the value of the 30th pick in every round would be less than the value of the 11th pick so it would actually take more than the whole draft to trade up to 11. However, you are partially right, because we had an extra 2nd from the Alex Smith trade we wouldn't have to literally give up our whole draft to get the 11th pick. According to the draft calculator we would have had to give up our 1st and both of our 2nds to equal the value of the 11th pick.

If you are keeping score at home after factoring all of the Baalke wheeling and dealing on draft day, that would mean we gain Beckham and lose Jimmy Ward, Carlos Hyde, Marcus Martin, Aaron Lynch, and Mike Davis from this year's draft. Now, that is assuming we can automatically get Tennessee to trade their 11th pick and that they will settle for market value. If they wanted us to over pay by 205 draft calculator points we would have had to give up Borland at 77 or if they would have settled for an extra 163 draft calculator points, we would have had to give up our 95th and 129th which Baalke turned into Ellington, Johnson and Acker.

So

We would have got

Beckham

and we would have given up

Ward
Hyde
Martin
Lynch
Davis
Ellington
Johnson and
Acker

Or.....Like I said the first time....essentially giving up our whole draft for one WR.

I don't know which "facts" that I needed to get straight before I posted, but I would love for you to enlighten me.

Does anyone else smell something burning? Kinda smells like b******t burning away under the light of truth.
Eh, 8 pages of Dres Anderson talk sounds about right in a forum where Baalke has 254
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Escobar:
Eh, 8 pages of Dres Anderson talk sounds about right in a forum where Baalke has 254

What does this mean? You want 254 pages of Dres Anderson?
Originally posted by jimrat:
What does this mean? You want 254 pages of Dres Anderson?

lol no
Pads and contact is on. Good luck rookie . Listen and learn.
It's "Put Up Time!"
The better undrafted rookie receiver on Monday may have been Dres Anderson, who had two nice catch-and-run plays Monday. Anderson is very technically sounds. He gets very low in his breaks, which is something that coaches love.Read more here
:http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article29915044.html#storylink=cpy
  • Jiks
Atta boy Dres! Changes are slim, but there's a chance.
  • Jiks
Any word? I haven't seen much, but also the same time I don't hear much besides the 2 or 3 guys we already know are in.

Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 45m45 minutes ago

#49ers WR Dres Anderson, who's on injured reserve, had a scope on his knee Oct. 1. He tore his meniscus during final season at Utah.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

#49ers WR Dres Anderson, who's on injured reserve, had a scope on his knee Oct. 1. He tore his meniscus during final season at Utah.

My guess then is that everyone knew he was not medically cleared and we were able to grab him as an UDFA? Coaches seem really high on him...

Another ACL/MCL for next year's competition.

He's a talented youngster who will provide valuable competition in TC next off-season. The year off will be highly beneficial for his recovery from all that's going on with the knee. Without the medical flags, Anderson was looked at as a 3rd-4th round value.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He's a talented youngster who will provide valuable competition in TC next off-season. The year off will be highly beneficial for his recovery from all that's going on with the knee. Without the medical flags, Anderson was looked at as a 3rd-4th round value.

Man. We're going to have some serious competition next year assuming Boldin is out.

Smith locks down the X. Then Ellington, Patton, White, Smelter and Anderson at the Y & Z.
I hope we keep boldin one or two more years. At 6 mil a year it's a pretty good bargain
Share 49ersWebzone