LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Dres Anderson Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think this kid makes the 53 man roster. Before his injury, he was a higher rated WR then both Ellington and Patton. If he can keep himself on the practice field, avoid injuries, take advantage of his opportunities, and show what he has, he's a lock for the roster in my opinion. He basically pushes Patton or Simpson off the roster. I view those 3 battling it out all training camp. The 49ers will only keep two of the three.

I don't see Patton in jeopardy of losing a roster spot at all....They kept 6 last year (Osgood was ST). Why the hate on Patton? by the sounds of it he's doing well in the off-season, the kid hasn't really gotten a shot at all.

Boldin
Smith
Patton
Ellington
Anderson and or Simpson

I'm definitely not hating on Patton, my friend. I also feel that Patton will make the roster. I'm just pointing out that Patton and Simpson are the two guys I feel Anderson is really competing with. We'll see how it shakes out, but Patton and Anderson have apparently been doing well so far. I haven't really heard anything on Simpson yet.

I think Anderson and Simpson are battling each other more than Patton....not sure what Simpson is making for cash or if anything is guaranteed. I'd like to see Anderson make the squad for sure.
Originally posted by susweel:
who is Dres anderson ?

lol touche...here ya go.

http://nflmocks.com/2015/02/18/2015-nfl-draft-dres-anderson-scouting-report/

some draft annalists had him as a top 100 prospect before his injury in Oct...sounds like he's almost a full go which should make for some good competition.
Yeah...usually with UDFA's we're talking about "camp fodder." But not anymore...all these guys look really good and a few+ of them have a real shot to make a stacked roster. Time to warm up that PUP/IR pipeline!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
thanks

just judging by that highlight footage I think he can make the team as a back up and special teams player if he is willing to the dirty work. Which is always not a given considering his father was a NFL player so Im not sure how much he is willing to sacrifice. good luck to him I shall keep a lookout for him in the exhibition season.
thanks

just judging by that highlight footage I think he can make the team as a back up and special teams player if he is willing to the dirty work. Which is always not a given considering his father was a NFL player so Im not sure how much he is willing to sacrifice. good luck to him I shall keep a lookout for him in the exhibition season.

Yup anyone fighting for the last couple spots on the roster will have to bring it on ST....not sure if Simpson has done and ST in the past?
I wish Anderson well, but he's got a tough road to hoe to make the roster. After Torrey Smith, Simpson, Boldin, Ellington & Patton there's the big rookie Smelter. I think at best he makes the PS, so long as he stays healthy. This should be the deepest and most talented WR corps we've had in a long time.
I didn't know much about this guy, but based off from what i'm reading, and what i saw in that video.

He's already rubbing off on me, i hope he makes it! biggest sleeper of the draft?
I think this kid makes the 53 man roster. Before his injury, he was a higher rated WR then both Ellington and Patton. If he can keep himself on the practice field, avoid injuries, take advantage of his opportunities, and show what he has, he's a lock for the roster in my opinion. He basically pushes Patton or Simpson off the roster. I view those 3 battling it out all training camp. The 49ers will only keep two of the three.

Both were regarded as better prospects coming out of college. In 2 years at Louisiana Tech, Patton put up bigger numbers than Anderson did in his entire college career, even with playing against some top notch teams during that time. Ellington was seen as incredibly raw but with enormous potential to be a dominant NFL slot receiver. Both were largely regarded as potential 2nd round picks before the draft.

I don't see Patton and Ellington competing with Anderson simply because they are different types of receivers with different roles to play. I see Anderson and Simpson competing for a spot since they both bring pretty similar traits to an offense. Patton is more of an intermediate receiver and Ellington a slot receiver. I don't see any situation where the 49ers keep both Simpson and Anderson. Hopefully Anderson makes enough of an impression that Simpson becomes redundant.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I wish Anderson well, but he's got a tough road to hoe to make the roster. After Torrey Smith, Simpson, Boldin, Ellington & Patton there's the big rookie Smelter. I think at best he makes the PS, so long as he stays healthy. This should be the deepest and most talented WR corps we've had in a long time.

Smelter really isn't a factor due to his injury. As OnTheClock said, if Simpson is really fighting for a marginal role, to be a #4, #5 or even #6 WR, I'd far rather see Anderson make the roster and develop him instead.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Last years was better.

Last years was better.

Maybe more talented, but not overall better. Too many possession guys, not enough speed on offense. Having Torrey Smith alone adds a tremendous new dimension to the offense. Crabtree and his soggy vagina are also gone.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
....not sure if Simpson has done ST in the past?...

He played 2 games on ST in 2013 (MIN) according to PFF (+0.5 Grade).
Originally posted by DeUh:
....not sure if Simpson has done ST in the past?...

He played 2 games on ST in 2013 (MIN) according to PFF (+0.5 Grade).

Cool thanks!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dick pics?

Here's one...
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dick pics?

Here's one...

Lol thats disgusting
Share 49ersWebzone