• jimrat
  • Veteran
Dres Nutz
Originally posted by jimrat:
Dres Nutz

HA!

GOT EEM
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
You mean like Rodgers, Whitner, Dorsey, Skuta, Bethea and Boldin? All of whom, with the exception of Boldin and arguably Bethea, had their best years as 49ers. Why can't Simpson be the same? He has the talent to be a starting NFL WR if he can't keep his head on straight, but unfortunately that's a huge if. Being in the same meeting room as guys like Boldin and T Smith should help him immensely.

The guy is 29 and it's not like Moss and Lloyd, where he will probably retire after this season. I put him in the same category as Patton and Elington where he has room to grow still but this will be a prove it year for him.

Rogers had some good years with the skins, he just dropped a lot of interceptions. I think arguably superior in coverage for them than he was us when he was younger, but also more likely to drop an interception. But yeah, it's a reasonable point. Baalke is good at identifying players not being used to their strengths from other teams and getting them at a bargain or simply getting the guy he wants in the case of Smith and Bethea.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on May 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM ]
Could be a poor mans desean jackson or terry glenn
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Zachary:
follows me on snapchat. We chat. Awesome dooood

Great point as well. Great character guy.

Exactly! I was like whaaat Dres Anderson just followed me on SC? Okayyy.. lol

And I saw he was in LA for a minute and I was down there and I have a buddy named Taylor Caniff who is a Vine star and he was having a party in Beverly Hills .. $5 million dollar house. Told me to invite whoever. So I hit up Dres and was like "Whats up bro, I see your in LA (his snaps), I'm out here to for a minute and my bro is having a party in beverly hills if you want to slide." and he said "Good look bro but I'm going to SF in the morning. Appreciate it tho" and then after that, we randomly chat about random things. What football player adds a 22 year old dude on snapchat and converses with him lol. He just knows I'm a 49ers fan that is stoked to talk to him probably.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
You mean like Rodgers, Whitner, Dorsey, Skuta, Bethea and Boldin? All of whom, with the exception of Boldin and arguably Bethea, had their best years as 49ers. Why can't Simpson be the same? He has the talent to be a starting NFL WR if he can't keep his head on straight, but unfortunately that's a huge if. Being in the same meeting room as guys like Boldin and T Smith should help him immensely.

The guy is 29 and it's not like Moss and Lloyd, where he will probably retire after this season. I put him in the same category as Patton and Elington where he has room to grow still but this will be a prove it year for him.

Rogers had some good years with the skins, he just dropped a lot of interceptions. I think arguably superior in coverage for them than he was us when he was younger, but also more likely to drop an interception. But yeah, it's a reasonable point. Baalke is good at identifying players not being used to their strengths from other teams and getting them at a bargain or simply getting the guy he wants in the case of Smith and Bethea.

Rogers wasn't worth the 9th pick in the draft that's for sure
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for NYniner85.
How's his route-running? I read his CBS sports profile and he was viewed as a 3rd-4th round prospect before the injury.

He's pretty lean and might have some issues getting jammed up at the line.
I think this kid makes the 53 man roster. Before his injury, he was a higher rated WR then both Ellington and Patton. If he can keep himself on the practice field, avoid injuries, take advantage of his opportunities, and show what he has, he's a lock for the roster in my opinion. He basically pushes Patton or Simpson off the roster. I view those 3 battling it out all training camp. The 49ers will only keep two of the three.
Originally posted by daragon:
I think this kid makes the 53 man roster. Before his injury, he was a higher rated WR then both Ellington and Patton. If he can keep himself on the practice field, avoid injuries, take advantage of his opportunities, and show what he has, he's a lock for the roster in my opinion. He basically pushes Patton or Simpson off the roster. I view those 3 battling it out all training camp. The 49ers will only keep two of the three.

I don't see Patton in jeopardy of losing a roster spot at all....They kept 6 last year (Osgood was ST). Why the hate on Patton? by the sounds of it he's doing well in the off-season, the kid hasn't really gotten a shot at all.

Boldin
Smith
Patton
Ellington
Anderson and or Simpson
Practice Squad

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It makes much more sense to keep Dres Anderson on the roster over Jerome Simpson if they play on par with each other in the pre-season and TC. Anderson not only has more potential, but you probably won't be able to get him to your PS if he's proven he's over the injury. Some team would take him if they had him graded as a 2nd-4th without it.

Simpson, with all his off-field trouble and no guaranteed money? An easy cut that can be brought back in an emergency if needed. Right now, the only way I'd want Simpson on the team is if we kept 6. Don't want him taking a roster spot of a young player that could be developing into something special. Simpson has had plenty of chances already.

Co-signed.

Tired of half measures and short term veteran stopgaps, I want to see this team develop some WRs.

Simpson will be entering his 7th NFL season. He's had his starting chances. He didn't show anything as a starter.

You compared him to three guys who were top 10 picks and two players who already previously played at a Pro Bowl level. Aside from Skuta, everyone on that list was still considered starter-worthy, just not the elite players they were expected to be. Skuta was a nice reserve player before coming here, but sure, he probably grew some while here. Yes, Simpson was a talented prospect who got taken in the 2nd, but overall he has played like a backup. Add on the character issues and you have a player just hoping to make the team, not earn a starting role.

The Simpson signing compares much closer to Lloyd or Eric Wright. Eric Wright was a younger player who had made the team as a reserve CB playing 7 games. If Simpson is only going to be a reserve in that type of capacity, I don't want him on the roster over a younger player with upside and STs ability.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Simpson will be entering his 7th NFL season. He's had his starting chances. He didn't show anything as a starter.

You compared him to three guys who were top 10 picks and two players who already previously played at a Pro Bowl level. Aside from Skuta, everyone on that list was still considered starter-worthy, just not the elite players they were expected to be. Skuta was a nice reserve player before coming here, but sure, he probably grew some while here. Yes, Simpson was a talented prospect who got taken in the 2nd, but overall he has played like a backup. Add on the character issues and you have a player just hoping to make the team, not earn a starting role.

The Simpson signing compares much closer to Lloyd or Eric Wright. Eric Wright was a younger player who had made the team as a reserve CB playing 7 games. If Simpson is only going to be a reserve in that type of capacity, I don't want him on the roster over a younger player with upside and STs ability.

OTC and others who know these UDFA's much better than I, who do you have making the 53 as realistic shots...it's important to differentiate the 3 types of WR positions so take it away:

X: Anquan Boldin; Rory 'Busta' Anderson & Issac Blakeney (DeAndre Smelter)
Y (SLOT): Bruce Ellington; Chuck Jacobs, Darius Davis & DeAndrew White
Z: Torrey Smith; Quinton Patton, Jerome Simpson, Dres Anderson & DiAndre Campbell

In my 53 projection, this is what I have but would love your insight!

(1) X WR: Anquan Boldin; (DeAndre Smelter)
(2) Y WR (SLOT): Bruce Ellington; Darius Davis
(3) Z WR: Torrey Smith; Jerome Simpson & Quinton Patton
Notes: Even – Last year we kept 6 WR's in Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Lloyd, Patton & Ellington
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'd love to see the 5 UDFA (FA-FIVE) WRs throughout the Exhibition games.. I wish they can all get their chances to showcase their talent when or if healthy..

I really think that they are all Diamonds in the Rough type of player.. Especially big kid from Duke..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by daragon:

I don't see Patton in jeopardy of losing a roster spot at all....They kept 6 last year (Osgood was ST). Why the hate on Patton? by the sounds of it he's doing well in the off-season, the kid hasn't really gotten a shot at all.

Boldin
Smith
Patton
Ellington
Anderson and or Simpson

I'm definitely not hating on Patton, my friend. I also feel that Patton will make the roster. I'm just pointing out that Patton and Simpson are the two guys I feel Anderson is really competing with. We'll see how it shakes out, but Patton and Anderson have apparently been doing well so far. I haven't really heard anything on Simpson yet.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
who is Dres anderson ?
Share 49ersWebzone