LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Dres Anderson Watch

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Both andersons r legit
I would actually be shocked if he didn't make the roster, namely because:

1) When healthy he seems to be a unanimous Top 100 player

2) He's healthy

3) We didn't add a single wr in the draft that will count against the 53 this year, yet it seemed a foregone conclusion we would draft one high so there is a roster spot

4) We lack established players at the position so we are more likely to keep 6 to maintain the competition

5) 2/5 most likely to make the roster are in the final year of their contract (Boldin/Simpson)

6) This new coaching staff has widely hinted at giving the young guys a shot and unlike Harbaugh will likely be willing to stick with a guy with a higher ceiling and longer career ahead than a vet who may be marginally better now

7) We vocally expressed a desire to add speed and he would be one of the fastest on the roster at 4.41

8) We gave him the highest guaranteed $ amount of anyone, similar to years past this is a clear signal we want him to stick and not just kicking the tires

1) Torrey Smith
2) Anquan Boldin
3) Quinton Patton
4) Bruce Ellington
5) Dres Anderson
6) Jerome Simpson - Low guarantees and criminal background put him on the hot seat (unless he can be a top 3 player in our wr core it's hard to justify going older and more expensive). If we go with 5 and the younger guys prove they belong in preseason I expect him to be one of the final cuts.

The above will set us up perfectly with a deep and young roster (all under 30) for 2016 and 2017 below:

Torrey Smith
Quinton Patton
Bruce Ellington
DeAndre Smelter
Dres Anderson
2016 Draft Pick?
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on May 24, 2015 at 8:17 AM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I would actually be shocked if he didn't make the roster, namely because:

1) When healthy he seems to be a unanimous Top 100 player

2) He's healthy

3) We didn't add a single wr in the draft that will count against the 53 this year, yet it seemed a foregone conclusion we would draft one high so there is a roster spot

4) We lack established players at the position so we are more likely to keep 6 to maintain the competition

5) 2/5 most likely to make the roster are in the final year of their contract (Boldin/Simpson)

6) This new coaching staff has widely hinted at giving the young guys a shot and unlike Harbaugh will likely be willing to stick with a guy with a higher ceiling and longer career ahead than a vet who may be marginally better now

7) We vocally expressed a desire to add speed and he would be one of the fastest on the roster at 4.41

8) We gave him the highest guaranteed $ amount of anyone, similar to years past this is a clear signal we want him to stick and not just kicking the tires

1) Torrey Smith
2) Anquan Boldin
3) Quinton Patton
4) Bruce Ellington
5) Dres Anderson
6) Jerome Simpson - Low guarantees and criminal background put him on the hot seat (unless he can be a top 3 player in our wr core it's hard to justify going older and more expensive). If we go with 5 and the younger guys prove they belong in preseason I expect him to be one of the final cuts.

The above will set us up perfectly with a deep and young roster (all under 30) for 2016 and 2017 below:

Torrey Smith
Quinton Patton
Bruce Ellington
DeAndre Smelter
Dres Anderson
2016 Draft Pick?

Great post and well thought-out. One of these UDFA are going to make it in Anderson, Davis, White, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 24, 2015 at 9:47 AM ]
Don't forget the impact of actually having competent wide receiver coaches for once in our lives.
We will see BIG things from our WR core this season. They'll actually get BETTER and develop
my sleeper is issac blankey ..a 66 receiver with speed ..if you did your homework on him he played multiple position ......possible the next randy moss in the making
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
possible the next randy moss in the making

Lol, no. Nice prospect but the odds he actually beats out Anderson or Simpson arent very good considering how raw he is.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It makes much more sense to keep Dres Anderson on the roster over Jerome Simpson if they play on par with each other in the pre-season and TC. Anderson not only has more potential, but you probably won't be able to get him to your PS if he's proven he's over the injury. Some team would take him if they had him graded as a 2nd-4th without it.

Simpson, with all his off-field trouble and no guaranteed money? An easy cut that can be brought back in an emergency if needed. Right now, the only way I'd want Simpson on the team is if we kept 6. Don't want him taking a roster spot of a young player that could be developing into something special. Simpson has had plenty of chances already.

Co-signed.

Tired of half measures and short term veteran stopgaps, I want to see this team develop some WRs.

Triple stamp… no way this guy makes it through to the PS if he's fully healthy. If he proves he can play they need to keep him on for the long term. Simpson can always be brought back later if needed.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
It makes much more sense to keep Dres Anderson on the roster over Jerome Simpson if they play on par with each other in the pre-season and TC. Anderson not only has more potential, but you probably won't be able to get him to your PS if he's proven he's over the injury. Some team would take him if they had him graded as a 2nd-4th without it.

Simpson, with all his off-field trouble and no guaranteed money? An easy cut that can be brought back in an emergency if needed. Right now, the only way I'd want Simpson on the team is if we kept 6. Don't want him taking a roster spot of a young player that could be developing into something special. Simpson has had plenty of chances already.

Co-signed.

Tired of half measures and short term veteran stopgaps, I want to see this team develop some WRs.

Triple stamp… no way this guy makes it through to the PS if he's fully healthy. If he proves he can play they need to keep him on for the long term. Simpson can always be brought back later if needed.

You can't triple stamp a double stamp...
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Co-signed.

You can't triple stamp a double stamp...

No erasies, touch blue to make it true
he will be someone to watch in preseason. If he could show that his catching has improved and can make short yardage separation, than he could make the roster

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Don't forget the impact of actually having competent wide receiver coaches for once in our lives.
We will see BIG things from our WR core this season. They'll actually get BETTER and develop

Seriiiiiiiously! Can NOT be overstated. It sounded like we did more in one OTA than collectively in about 10+ years on drills alone!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Seriiiiiiiously! Can NOT be overstated. It sounded like we did more in one OTA than collectively in about 10+ years on drills alone!

watching morton coach was like watching Bill Lumbergh ask for tps reports drinking coffee just kind of letting the wr's just play catch and "do their thing"
Co-signed.

I hear that.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Love this dudes game, hoping for Anderson and Davis to make the team. Sorry J.Simpson
The Future: Patton,Ellington,Smelter,D. Davis,Anderson. Add T.Smith

I agree

Co-signed.

You mean like Rodgers, Whitner, Dorsey, Skuta, Bethea and Boldin? All of whom, with the exception of Boldin and arguably Bethea, had their best years as 49ers. Why can't Simpson be the same? He has the talent to be a starting NFL WR if he can't keep his head on straight, but unfortunately that's a huge if. Being in the same meeting room as guys like Boldin and T Smith should help him immensely.

The guy is 29 and it's not like Moss and Lloyd, where he will probably retire after this season. I put him in the same category as Patton and Elington where he has room to grow still but this will be a prove it year for him.
[ Edited by flynhayn15 on May 25, 2015 at 1:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone