There are 172 users in the forums

We have the 7th highest paid offense in the League and the 5th lowest paid Defense.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was checking out the cool financial breakdown on the homepage and noticed we are the 7th highest paid Offense in the NFL. We are also the 5th lowest paid defense in the NFL.

I know money doesn't always tell the full story but its a pretty good indicator. If money tells the story we should be a fairly explosive Offense with a struggling Defense.

Here is a link to the financial breakdowns by team.

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/projected-nfl-starting-lineups-financially-514/
  • thl408
That's a cool breakdown. What a surprise as to which team has the highest paid kicker/punter combo. That might change.
Or we can say that our culture likes to throw money at problems.
Originally posted by thl408:
That's a cool breakdown. What a surprise as to which team has the highest paid kicker/punter combo. That might change.

No kidding, I was also surprised to see Dawson is the 9th highest cap hit this year on our roster. Ouch!

It's also likely incorrect as it shows Armstead and Moody as starters.
Originally posted by JBrack:

No kidding, I was also surprised to see Dawson is the 9th highest cap hit this year on our roster. Ouch!

I think he was referring to Lee.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Ah I never scrolled down to see the individual team breakdown.
I think he was referring to Lee.

To be replaced yes obviously. But im still shocked/surprised Dawson's cap hit is that high.

Thats not a stretch at all. Moody entering his third year is in an open competition at ILB. Its also not a stretch that your first round pick starts from day one. Either way it wouldn't affect the overall cap number. If anything it gets smaller with Tank or Dial starting.
Those numbers are current. We added a 8 million per year contract in Torrey Smith, plus lost justin smith and willis' salaries. Our only highly paid players on defense are bow, aldon, ahmad, and bethea versus staley, Kap, boldin, torrey smith, vernon davis and anthony davis. Not really surprised at all, our defense is very young while almost all of our starters on offense are on their second, or third contracts.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on May 20, 2015 at 10:10 AM ]

I'm curious as to how we're still the 5th oldest team in the league when it seems like we had a retirement a week this offseason. Edit - I see they have Marcus Martin listed as 31 years old...he's only 21 years old.
[ Edited by ltrain on May 20, 2015 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by fister30:
Or we can say that our culture likes to throw money at problems.

This. It's reflected in free agency every year.

I hope not... they might be our game winners this year...
Originally posted by JBrack:

Thats not a stretch at all. Moody entering his third year is in an open competition at ILB. Its also not a stretch that your first round pick starts from day one. Either way it wouldn't affect the overall cap number. If anything it gets smaller with Tank or Dial starting.

Armstead Ill give the benefit of the doubt why people list him as a starter. Moody on other hand makes no sense because id imagine that starters, at least for now, are Bow (its Navarro effin Bowman) and wilhoite (started all last year).
Bowman from my understanding is on track to start
Share 49ersWebzone