There are 180 users in the forums

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Terrell Owens Thread: Hall of Fame?

Originally posted by Niners99:
It seems that some of you werent paying close attention in 2003, or werent fans yet. Owens spit directly into the face of the 49ers' franchise on his way out the door. He was a total A-Hole that threw a tantrum to get traded after his agent screwed up the free agency paperwork. The Ravens offered us a better pick, but he refused to go there, and told us we had to trade him to Philly.

Bill Walsh told Owens he needed to work on dropping less passes, and Owens said Walsh doesnt know what hes talking about.

Theres a reason we gave number 81 away the very next year after the 2nd best WR in 49ers history departed.

Owens burned his bridges big time. He blatantly insulted the 49ers, and Bill Walsh.

Screw that guy. You guys with your fond memories are forgetting the whole story.

TO was an idiot! Still the second best WR ever though. He definitely burned bridges here. You don't dismiss Bill Walsh as a 49er. Jed yes. Bill no
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Can we make a Gary Plummer thread next ohhh ohhh maybe a Derek Smith thread also.

The jose cortez appreciation thread

Larry Allen says
  • thl408
I saw him at a Target store once and he signed his autograph on a dollar bill for me. It was the only piece of paper I had. I spent it somewhere. Appreciated.
I loved that time he b***hed his way out of town and essentially sent us into an expansion era. Also it was great him doing that s**t on Dallas's star, therefore the 2001 game the following year was a 5-11 dallas's super bowl and making us have to travel to GB for the WC game.....f**k TO, great talent, selfish piece of s**t.
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 19, 2015 at 4:56 PM ]
It seems that some of you werent paying close attention in 2003, or werent fans yet. Owens spit directly into the face of the 49ers' franchise on his way out the door. He was a total A-Hole that threw a tantrum to get traded after his agent screwed up the free agency paperwork. The Ravens offered us a better pick, but he refused to go there, and told us we had to trade him to Philly.

Bill Walsh told Owens he needed to work on dropping less passes, and Owens said Walsh doesnt know what hes talking about.

Theres a reason we gave number 81 away the very next year after the 2nd best WR in 49ers history departed.

Owens burned his bridges big time. He blatantly insulted the 49ers, and Bill Walsh.

Screw that guy. You guys with your fond memories are forgetting the whole story.

So much this!

/thread....better yet burn it to the ground
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

So much this!

these two guys speak the truth. everywhere he went trouble followed and of course it was NEVER his fault,, screw him
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

So much this!

Agree. He was a GREAT player. HOF talent, but I hate that he was ever a Niner. I really do. Not just the ugly departure in 2003, but how he conducted himself the last 4 years he was a Niner was despicable. Constantly bad-mouthing coaches, teammates, and the organization. As a fan, you got the sense he never wanted to be here. He was an impossible individual to manage in a team sport. When he left, I was relieved.

Even as he was putting up big numbers in Philly and getting praised by the Eagles and media, I chuckled and said it was only a matter of time before he took a flame-thrower and incinerated what should have been a good situation. Managed to destroy what was a great situation in less than 12 months. The ultimate team cancer.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
I loved that time he b***hed his way out of town and essentially sent us into an expansion era. Also it was great him doing that s**t on Dallas's star, therefore the 2001 game the following year was a 5-11 dallas's super bowl and making us have to travel to GB for the WC game.....f**k TO, great talent, selfish piece of s**t.

Seriously? You think because we didn't get ONE draft pick (3rd rounder?) for TO that is what sent us into an expansion era? Lawrence Phillips daydreaming about beating women instead of reading a blitz, and ending Steve Young's career - had nothing to do with that? The 49ers offering Ricky Watters and insulting contract so he leaves, making our ground game non-existent for a couple of seasons - had no effect? Bryant young retiring? Dana Stubblefield allowed to leave? Denise and John York having no clue how to run a team? Dang, if only we had gotten that ONE pick from the Ravens that could have made all the difference in the world!

But instead, with that pick...the Vikings got DE Darrion Scott. How did he work out for them?

appreciation for destroying team chemistry, calling out his QB, making a freak show out of our team and setting us back 15 years? we just barely recovered from the T.O. saga a few years back. f**k T.O.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Was at this Dallas game in 2001. Quincy carter had the game of his life. Anyways.. The Bears game we lost at Chicago where we blew a huge lead.. Ball bounced off Owens picked off by bears safety mike brown, that hurt worse.. Owens was an amazing talent. Have met him a couple of times. He was really cool with me.
He should not get all the blame for us falling into the dark years. Dr John York and terry Donahue certainly take the blame

• cciowa
  • Veteran
the a*****e rips garcia and others for losing games and then takes no responsibility for his drops , f**k him
You guys are ridiculous. Such haters. And you call yourself 9ers fans? What a joke. This guy and Jerry Rice are the best WRs to ever put on a 49ers uniform, Owens is a top 5 WR of all-time, since he left we haven't had a WR near his level. You guys are ungrateful pricks. Judge him for how he performed on the field, not off. You guys make me sick.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Hi, Yes, first time caller.

Love the Post! Loved T.O. still the best last WR we have ever had. Wish he never left SF.

Originally posted by niner4ever12:

Originally posted by KingSol:
2nd best Wide receiver of all time and one of my top 5 favorite 49ers of all time. Wish we still had a playmaker close to his level on offense.

Originally posted by Arson:
He could sure take over a game, remember him exploding against the falcons?

Originally posted by 9moon:
I blame Mooch for letting TO's bad side..

TO felt betrayed by Mooch after he was suspended for standing in the Dallas Star.. I mean, so what if he did.. they made that thing such a big deal that TO couldn't recover from it..

TO loved his teammates... I still remember reading about this free agent WR who did not have a tv in his room (training camp) and the next day, there was a delivery and found out that it was a gift from TO.

TO also showed that he was never selfish and even went as far as volunteering (telling Mooch) that he did not need to start since Mooch was not STRONG enough to tell Jerry Rice or JJ Stokes that one of them had to sit down because TO was simply better..

to this day, I can't help but wonder what type of numbers TO would have put up if had played with Joe Montana and had all those veterans surround him and guided him..

Sorry guys, but I think that he may have better #s than Jerry Rice had he was with that group..

Thank you guys, true fans right here.
If you open a thread like this you have to be prepared for different opinions to yours. Turning round and insulting other posters because they disagree is going to get you banned and has also got this thread locked.
Originally posted by English:
If you open a thread like this you have to be prepared for different opinions to yours. Turning round and insulting other posters because they disagree is going to get you banned and has also got this thread locked.

Thanks for unlocking the thread
Share 49ersWebzone