There are 415 users in the forums

Minicamp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
The talent is definitely there. He started off slow last year and Lynch took advantage of it and Skuta was playing great. I think it would be foolish to cut him, especially since Smith is going into his final contract year.

Uh...I'm all for lemonier getting his shot but we needn't let it enter our minds for one second of letting Aldon Smith get out the door

Oh yeah, I'm all for giving Aldon a big extension. I think his off field behavior will be the only thing that could stop that from happening. Especially if you believe that if he didn't restructure his contract that Baalke was going to cut him. I want him and Lynch to be our bookend OLB's for a long long time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erstweetsdotcom:
Hey guys,

My new site is perfect for getting realtime mini camp news:

http://www.49erstweets.com/

It basically consolidates player, insider and blog tweets all on one page. Great for those who are afraid to use twitter yet don't want to miss out on the real time goodness.

Key new features:
  • All players, insiders and websites have been updated (rookies included)
  • No need to refresh the page for new tweets - tweets appear in realtime
  • Mobile optimized

Enjoy!

Cool bro this is basically what my Twitter account looks like lol

That's the idea, haha! For the non twitter'ers.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Hey guys,

My new site is perfect for getting realtime mini camp news:

http://www.49erstweets.com/

It basically consolidates player, insider and blog tweets all on one page. Great for those who are afraid to use twitter yet don't want to miss out on the real time goodness.

Key new features:
  • All players, insiders and websites have been updated (rookies included)
  • No need to refresh the page for new tweets - tweets appear in realtime
  • Mobile optimized

Enjoy!

Nice!

Thank you.
That's the idea, haha! For the non twitter'ers.

Thank you.

thank you.
Crazy how VD/Brooks are now so motivated now knowing they could be gone very soon, while last year came in to the season thinking they were untouchable. Those two were part of the problem we saw across the team.
The talent is definitely there. He started off slow last year and Lynch took advantage of it and Skuta was playing great. I think it would be foolish to cut him, especially since Smith is going into his final contract year.

Uh...I'm all for lemonier getting his shot but we needn't let it enter our minds for one second of letting Aldon Smith get out the door

Oh yeah, I'm all for giving Aldon a big extension. I think his off field behavior will be the only thing that could stop that from happening. Especially if you believe that if he didn't restructure his contract that Baalke was going to cut him. I want him and Lynch to be our bookend OLB's for a long long time.

I think the actions we took when A.Smith went though his "problems" last year speaks volumes. Some of the stuff he got up to was just plain stupid, and could have been cut 3 or 4 times.

I think the fact that we gave him chance after chance means we probably will offer him something decent. I can't imagine after everything the two sides have been through just letting him walk away. IF he stays clean, which it looks like he's doing a great job of!
Originally posted by UK_49er:

I think the actions we took when A.Smith went though his "problems" last year speaks volumes. Some of the stuff he got up to was just plain stupid, and could have been cut 3 or 4 times.

I think the fact that we gave him chance after chance means we probably will offer him something decent. I can't imagine after everything the two sides have been through just letting him walk away. IF he stays clean, which it looks like he's doing a great job of!

True to all the above

This all day...I find it hard to believe SF would let him walk after putting up with all his off field stuff for a couple seasons. I think there is a ton of mutual interest as long as his finally grown up.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This all day...I find it hard to believe SF would let him walk after putting up with all his off field stuff for a couple seasons. I think there is a ton of mutual interest as long as his finally grown up.

It's up to A Smith to show he's beyond the dumb decisions. If he impresses Baalke his price will rise in the GMs mind and negotiations should go smoothly. But if he is still immature it will be harder for TB to justify a max salary AS's potential calls for.

Edit: Seems likely that he will mature this year and sign a good contract. His transgressions have been mostly young, dumb stuff.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 24, 2015 at 7:59 PM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I actually think Lemonier sticks around for at least one more year. Tomsula and Mangini may think more of him than Harbaugh and Fangio did.

I read somewhere that he looked very fast and disruptive during ota's.

Wonder if it's because he's more a speed rusher and Fangio preferred stronger guys - Aldon and Lynch are kind of hybrid strong rushers, Harold and Lemonier seem more speed guys.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Wonder if it's because he's more a speed rusher and Fangio preferred stronger guys - Aldon and Lynch are kind of hybrid strong rushers, Harold and Lemonier seem more speed guys.

I agree that Lamonier is a speed guy.

That's the problem. He's quick off the line, makes his move (chooses inside or outside), then makes a quick charge at where he thinks the QB will be. If he's wrong, he seems to be 5-10 yards beyond the play. Doesn't appear to be able to change direction once he is at speed. No second move (spin, swim, etc.).

Hopefully he can learn more, or will be given a chance to show more - his apparent lack of versatility could be due to Coaching, i.e. that's what he was told to do as part of the overall scheme.

Originally posted by socal9er42:

That's the problem. He's quick off the line, makes his move (chooses inside or outside), then makes a quick charge at where he thinks the QB will be. If he's wrong, he seems to be 5-10 yards beyond the play. Doesn't appear to be able to change direction once he is at speed. No second move (spin, swim, etc.).

Hopefully he can learn more, or will be given a chance to show more - his apparent lack of versatility could be due to Coaching, i.e. that's what he was told to do as part of the overall scheme.

It's interesting that you guys bring up Lemonier (lay-mon-yay!).

Pass rushers can take a while to grow and develop (Skuta was one of those as well). It would not surprise me if he turns a corner this year and makes it hard to cut him. He's also a good ST player as well. But he's facing a big uphill battle with Brooks/Lynch and Aldon/Harold. Maybe an IR guy to help replace when Brooks leaves next year? We'll see. But early reports are positive.
Anyone have a link to practice schedules and stuff of that sort?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Pass rushers can take a while to grow and develop (Skuta was one of those as well). It would not surprise me if he turns a corner this year and makes it hard to cut him. He's also a good ST player as well. But he's facing a big uphill battle with Brooks/Lynch and Aldon/Harold. Maybe an IR guy to help replace when Brooks leaves next year? We'll see. But early reports are positive.

They call it the sophmore slump for a reason. Still think lemons is done though. Only way he makes it is if we cut Brooks. Lynch harold and aldon are locks. so that leaves one spot open.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I hope the 49ers and This Wonderful Player can Work things out. We need his Leadership and Attitude Back On Defense:

Great reviews so far. I saw in the off season he was looking to hire a personal chef. He looks terrific right now. Glad to see him taking a challenge seriously and manning up and being a team guy!

The rotation if he/Lynch and Aldon/Harold is going to be the best in the NFL by far!

He doesnt look bloated like he did last year. Brooks is quite the linebacker when he is on his game. We should keep him around. Its not like we cant utilize lynch still.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

They call it the sophmore slump for a reason. Still think lemons is done though. Only way he makes it is if we cut Brooks. Lynch harold and aldon are locks. so that leaves one spot open.

Agreed and there is no reason to cut Brooks. We have plenty of cap space and all the rookies are signed, sealed and delivered.
Share 49ersWebzone