There are 177 users in the forums

49er from Scotland visiting SF in June and looking for some information.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hi folks, I've been a member of the faithful since 2010 after getting into the sport. I went to the game vs the Jaguars at Wembley which was a brilliant experience but this summer (start of July) I'm going a bit further and will be visiting San Francisco.

Obviously going all that way. I'm going to check out the stadium, do the tour and see the museum. What is the most convenient method and time to travel from San Francisco (staying at Union Square) to Santa Clara? I have penciled in Sunday 5th July to make the pilgrimage.

Can anyone also suggest more Niner-related things to do in SF? (bars, stores, etc?). It's just a shame they couldn't hold off on pulling down the Stick a while longer ;(
If you're renting a car you'll have little problem traffic-wise getting down the peninsula to Santa Clara on a Sunday. If you don't have a car, the Caltrain line from San Francisco station (about a mile from Union Square) to the Santa Clara station would work fine. Then grab a cab for the last 3-4 miles to Levi's Stadium.

http://www.caltrain.com/

As far as other 49er stuff to do in July . . . other than visiting the Kezar site I can't think of much

Enjoy your stay!
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 16, 2015 at 10:44 AM ]
They may have some open practices to the public in July. Keep an eye out for that as they usually announce it closer to the date.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
They may have some open practices to the public in July. Keep an eye out for that as they usually announce it closer to the date.

Yup.
Unfortunately camp won't start until 7/31 this year, 15 days prior to the first pre-season game (8/15/15).
Kick the pilot in the nuts and tell him to fly to San Jose International Airport instead
Wear a red and gold kilt.
Thanks fellas! The red and gold kilt is a brilliant idea!
Originally posted by Ace49:
Hi folks, I've been a member of the faithful since 2010 after getting into the sport. I went to the game vs the Jaguars at Wembley which was a brilliant experience but this summer (start of July) I'm going a bit further and will be visiting San Francisco.

Obviously going all that way. I'm going to check out the stadium, do the tour and see the museum. What is the most convenient method and time to travel from San Francisco (staying at Union Square) to Santa Clara? I have penciled in Sunday 5th July to make the pilgrimage.

Can anyone also suggest more Niner-related things to do in SF? (bars, stores, etc?). It's just a shame they couldn't hold off on pulling down the Stick a while longer ;(

Wow, I think it's cool the games we play over there actually bring new fans to the game. Have fun
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Thanks fellas! The red and gold kilt is a brilliant idea!

just don't stumble into the Castro district with that kilt.

To temper your expectations.. you'll find more 9er fans sporting gear and places boasting memorabilia in the South Bay than San Francisco.

While sad, just keep in mind it's the San Francisci Bay Area's team. Which covers a ton of ground.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Wow, I think it's cool the games we play over there actually bring new fans to the game. Have fun

I started following the niners in a few years prior to the game. I took to the niners because they had a nasty defence with a proud and prestigious history/traditiona, similar to my soccer team Glasgow Rangers. But yeah, I've been to games in London outside of the 49ers yet the red and gold was still one of the most popular jerseys on show.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I don't know what this is but I'll heed your advice :D
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I don't know what this is but I'll heed your advice :D

The Castro is basically the LGBT community World Headquarters
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM ]
I'm also Scottish and extremely jealous haha! I've not been to SF yet. Have a good time!
Share 49ersWebzone