There are 274 users in the forums

SF at NO 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks.
Originally posted by UK_49er:
I can't remember the last time in a big game we weren't screwed over. I'm glad that the NFL has fired its worst officials because something needed to be done.

I'm surprised that the officials aren't professional, and have their own jobs etc.

In the Premier League in England, all of the referees are professional, and are paid a yearly salary by the League. Because it's actually their job, they have much more time for training, and meetings. Since the Premier League started hiring officials on a full-time basis, the level of refereeing has increased exponentially.

With the money floating around in the NFL, there shouldn't be any obstacle to this, and it would go some way in making sure that stupid calls, that inevitably cost teams Super Bowls (49ers, 2012, KO Return TD, Crabtree's hold), (Possibly 49ers, 2013, vs Saints).

If I was the NFL Commissioner, hiring the officials on a full-time basis would be the first thing I'd do.

I agree with this so strongly and remain baffled why this isn't the case in the NFL. How does the most popular sport in the united states, and multi billion dollar organization, not employ referee's full time, especially in light of the problems the league has had with officiating?
Yeah!

I read an article about what NFL refs do as a day job, and their all lawyers and teachers and stuff.
Originally posted by UK_49er:
Yeah!

I read an article about what NFL refs do as a day job, and their all lawyers and teachers and stuff.

not exactly pushover jobs that allow a bunch of time for studying footage and practicing calls
No, it's really unbelievable that its like it is, especially when there's so much at stake.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
niner fans, always livin' in the past.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
niner fans, always livin' in the past.

Its off season what else is there to talk about.
Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbllllllleeeee!!!!!!!!
I really thought that game was going to be the turning point for us.
Originally posted by Ace49:
I really thought that game was going to be the turning point for us.

We slugged through two more wins after this game over ny and skins. But certainly clear 2014 49ers were not the same. Wonder what could have been if we did not blow Bears game in week 2

Don't know about ward at nickle. The chi game the saints the cards. Yes there could of been safety help but you need to be able to cover one on one at times. Dam!!!
I don't know how much that game was partly the beginning of the end for Crabtree but the fact that he implied that he was only used as a #3 receiver after making the play of the game couldn't have help his cause any after that. To be fair he was the third option on that play but that's not really the point. I'm sure most of the coaches and players thought what he was saying after that game didn't make a lot of sense.
  • thl408

gg
Share 49ersWebzone