LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

SF at NO 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SF at NO 2014 is being shown on NFL network at 1:30 PM PDT on Sunday 5/17/2015. If you are going through football withdrawal, like I am, this should help!
Originally posted by MadMark:
SF at NO 2014 is being shown on NFL network at 1:30 PM PDT on Sunday 5/17/2015. If you are going through football withdrawal, like I am, this should help!
ehh, it's kind of depressing seeing some of the players that are no longer with us.
that was one of the most stressful f**king games I can remember
Originally posted by defenderDX:
that was one of the most stressful f**king games I can remember

Even the winning FG was a knuckleball (in no wind) that was too close for comfort.
The Ahmad brooks revenge play tho...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Yes!
I remember, I was at the Wembley game and following via twitter/text updates.

When they went down and grabbed a TD to go a score up I thought that was it.

My phone died just after Kap's conversion on 4th and 10. I didn't have a clue what was going on. A great surprise though!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Man that first play makes me so mad. Still. Cost us the #1 seed.
Originally posted by UK_49er:
Man that first play makes me so mad. Still. Cost us the #1 seed.

Yup, if we were number 1 seed I think sb was for sure! That was a solid hit that slid up on Bree's.

When 2 teams are both great teams, refs usually decide the game. The phantom PI on Lott directly cost us another sb for sure.

2 calls-2 sbs. Wow.
[ Edited by elguapo on May 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM ]
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yup, if we were number 1 seed I think sb was for sure! That was a solid hit that slid up on Bree's.

When 2 teams are both great teams, refs usually decide the game. The phantom PI on Lott directly cost us another sb for sure.

2 calls-2 sbs. Wow.

If we wanna be truthful, there was very f**ked over calls in every one of our season ending loses 11-13, also remember when we touched don beebe down in 96 at gb and got screwed out of the 1 seed.

Originally posted by MadMark:

Really thought we were going to do something special after that win. Backs against the wall and they responded with a huge win as 6 point dogs. Even won two more after that to go to 7-4.
Originally posted by Arson:
Originally posted by elguapo:

2 calls-2 sbs. Wow.

If we wanna be truthful, there was very f**ked over calls in every one of our season ending loses 11-13, also remember when we touched don beebe down in 96 at gb and got screwed out of the 1 seed.

Very true.

Against NYG bowman forced that fumble at NYG 20 before the whistle blew and that's an easy fg....no overtime or loss.

Against Balt that kickoff return had holding or rape (no td there) not to mention two holding plays on Crabtree inside the 5. Wow.
[ Edited by Since07 on May 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM ]
Hyde had a really nice rushing TD this game
I can't remember the last time in a big game we weren't screwed over. I'm glad that the NFL has fired its worst officials because something needed to be done.

I'm surprised that the officials aren't professional, and have their own jobs etc.

In the Premier League in England, all of the referees are professional, and are paid a yearly salary by the League. Because it's actually their job, they have much more time for training, and meetings. Since the Premier League started hiring officials on a full-time basis, the level of refereeing has increased exponentially.

With the money floating around in the NFL, there shouldn't be any obstacle to this, and it would go some way in making sure that stupid calls, that inevitably cost teams Super Bowls (49ers, 2012, KO Return TD, Crabtree's hold), (Possibly 49ers, 2013, vs Saints).

If I was the NFL Commissioner, hiring the officials on a full-time basis would be the first thing I'd do.
Share 49ersWebzone