LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Score 1 point for the Coaching Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
.. love the idea of scheduling a 3 day practice against Manning and the Broncos..

.. Instead of a friendly affair like last years visit with Jon Harbaugh and the Ravens, expect this to be a brutal learning experince to our young Defense as they will try to catch up with Manning the Chess Master and his Mind Game!!

lol How exactly are they different?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
.. love the idea of scheduling a 3 day practice against Manning and the Broncos..

.. Instead of a friendly affair like last years visit with Jon Harbaugh and the Ravens, expect this to be a brutal learning experince to our young Defense as they will try to catch up with Manning the Chess Master and his Mind Game!!

I remember reading the team wasn't bug on traveling so far during the summer to play against the team the lost the Super Bowl to.

That, and just like he says, if any QB was going to help expose your Ds weak point it'd be Manning. Even though he isn't #EliteAsf**k
Pretty meaningless IMHO. Breaks up the routine and gives the guys some different looks.

But I seriously doubt that the Broncos would do much more then show a vanilla Offense and Defense (same with us). Not worth risking injuries or showing anything major as far as new plays or something that you plan to use in the regular season.

It's a good change of pace though. Same as it would be against the Raiders or San Diego though (other teams that aren't too far away and not in our Division)
  • thl408

You mean the difference between the Ravens and Broncos? A defense can learn more from getting sliced up by Manning. Pitting the unproven CBs up against DThomas and, one of the premier route runners in Emmanuel Sanders can be beneficial as well. For the Broncos, I can see practicing against a coverage scheme that the 49ers run as being beneficial for them to learn from.

ADavis versus Von Miller will be nice to watch in practice. So will the 49ers WRs against Talib and Harris (good CB).

Agreed... Manning will show us where are weak spots are
And our offence will face a elite defense
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
I remember reading the team wasn't bug on traveling so far during the summer to play against the team the lost the Super Bowl to.

That, and just like he says, if any QB was going to help expose your Ds weak point it'd be Manning. Even though he isn't #EliteAsf**k

Its never a good idea to let player's call the shots.

You create guys like alex boone doing that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Dude he has been to the top of the mountain. LOL what a loser.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Meaningless

Our resident football genius natrone06 would know
natrone meaningless
Just dont think live practices vs Broncos will yield much different results then vs Ravens
it was stupid just to travel all those miles just so we could have some f**king stupid family reunion where grandma harbaugh could bring the infamous red jello with banana's cut up in it. the players esp the vets hated it and that planted the seed for the questioning of the coach in the locker room which was ignored by niner fans last year, including me. if it does not cause a problem , unlike last year, then do it

Why do we care whether the players like Jello or not?

• Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

I'm also pretty sure that there was a vet player interviewed on the Ravens trip, may have been Boone again, who said the entire exercise was based on Harbaugh being desperate to beat his older brother and wasn't beneficial for the playerrs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

wacha mean how are they different??

first of all, you spell MANNING differently than FLACCO

2ndly, even if they run a vanilla offense, it will still be something new because they have a new coach.. .Peyton will find ways to just add or remove some spices when he sees it..

.. and just imagine yourself lining up as a our CB (for the 49ers) against Peyton...

when he's all done w/you, you will either be standing tall from the experience or you will be reading "bye bye baby !!!" from the back of D. Thomas' wasteline..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Still cant believe the whole 2 locker thing of last year.
yep, it was a divided house from the start. looking back on it, there were so many little things that were f**ked up and were allowed by people who, thank god, are no longer here
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Still cant believe the whole 2 locker thing of last year.

Yes because its super vital that grown men change clothes and shower in the same room.

no its about the leadership and being a team,, you know , sort of like the leadership we will miss when we get rid of lee
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I can easily see Harbaugh with the Raiders in 3 to 4 years...

and I can even see him with the Seattle Seahawks within the same year once Ol' Peetey takes the Penn State job..

i bet he is not coming back to the nfl,, the nfl knows how to defend his brand of football,, he knows it and that is why he escaped to the friendly confines of college football.. plus as we saw last year, it is easier for him to control and influence young kids, the vets soon get tired of his shtick
Share 49ersWebzone