There are 301 users in the forums

What is the single most important change you'd like to see in the 2015 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the single most important change you'd like to see in the 2015 49ers?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Screen passes to Reggie Bush to slow down the Seahawks defense
Originally posted by thl408:
What's the single most important change you'd like to see in the upcoming season with regards to how the team plays? As much as you may want to say, "all of the above", pick one. Curious to see what fans think is the single most important aspect of the team's play that they'd like to see change.

You have a fantastic gauge on the concerns we had on both offense and defense (and coaching). Great, great list!
more blitz.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Should be no surprise I chose the option that describes a WCO passing attack (controlled passing attack involving TE/backs)😄 Id be a very rich man if I got paid by the amount of times I referenced the WCO.

Same here!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
Screen passes to Reggie Bush to slow down the Seahawks defense

i just want us to get back to being able to beat the raiders and bears let alone the hawks
Redzone efficiency.
  • thl408
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Redzone efficiency.

This is a good one that I forgot to make an option.

edit: added as an option
deep bombs

Great list. I had a tough time choosing, as some of these options should clearly influence others.
I know I already gave my #1, but if I had to rank and pick my top five:

1. Improved Pass Protection - I feel like this leads to the improvement in so many areas.
2. More Ball Control Passing to RBs/TEs - Will wear down teams like Seattle
3. Red Zone Efficiency - I think #1 and #2 both lead to this.
4. Give Younger Players More Opportunity - Stop burying them on the depth chart before you even give them a chance to show their ability.
5. Get Plays into the Huddle faster - CK needs more time to make pre-snap reads.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Improved pass protection. Without that, the other stuff doesn't matter as much.

Except for the more short/ball control passing one,which is another path to solving the same problem.

TBH I think it's kind of more realistic than the "improved pass protection" or "better red zone efficiency" ones, as both of those, to some degree are fancy ways to say "I want the players to play better." All of the other ones, including shorter ball control passing, are actually things that CAN be changed instantly simply through an adjustment in strategy.
Red Zone efficiency.

PLAY ACTION PASSING!
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Improved pass protection. Without that, the other stuff doesn't matter as much.

For me it's close between 'ball control passing' and 'better pass pro', but I'll also go with better pass protection. The 'ball control, passes to the RBs/TEs' aspect was an adjustment that had to be made when it was obvious the 2014 Oline couldn't provide a consistent pocket. If the pass protection holds up 2015, it will allow for a lot of things to fall in line. The importance of including RBs in the passing game can be reduced if Kap is given time in the pocket to scan downfield for his WRs.

A wider variety of plays can be called, more complex, longer developing route combinations can be dialed up. The deep portion of the middle of the field can be targeted. If pass pro doesn't hold up, then Torrey Smith is relegated to running shorter routes which isn't why he is being paid the big bucks. As much as we say Kap can throw the short pass, we know he can throw to the intermediate/deep routes. All this leads to faster QB/WR/TE development in the passing game.

Kap faces a lot of cover3 and all zone coverages break down if pass protection holds up and the passing concepts are allowed to play out. This can help a lot in beating the coverages that Kap is seeing.
Definitely more ball control passing. I'd like to see some designed screens and short passes that get the ball into our playmaker's hands. I never understood why we stopped passing to Gore in his last few years with the team, he was always a great receiving back.
To see Kap evolve his efficiency as a pocket passer, having correct footwork, going through his progressions, evading the rush with subtle movements instead of breaking into a sprint to run away from it, and finding the open man.
Share 49ersWebzone