LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

What is the single most important change you'd like to see in the 2015 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the single most important change you'd like to see in the 2015 49ers?

• thl408
What's the single most important change you'd like to see in the upcoming season with regards to how the team plays? As much as you may want to say, "all of the above", pick one. Curious to see what fans think is the single most important aspect of the team's play that they'd like to see change.
I chose more ball control passing, but really, I'd like to see everything on the list.
I want to see better playcalling, but I voted for more playing time for young players. And I think we will get both.
Should be no surprise I chose the option that describes a WCO passing attack (controlled passing attack involving TE/backs)😄 Id be a very rich man if I got paid by the amount of times I referenced the WCO.
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM ]
where's the option for "better coaching"?!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
getting plays called in on time
if we need 8 yards on third down, do not call a play that gets us 3
develop young plays instead of having them set on the bench playing checkers

i know that is three things and i am sorry. i have issues but they were all caused by last years impotent coaching staff so i am not to blame
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
More ball control passing; short passes to RBs/TEs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
More ball control passing; short passes to RBs/TEs

this. just get the ball to our playmakers. who cares if it is not as "creative' as sending miller deep
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
SIMPLICITY ... as its very best..

no more of that MIKE MARTZ wanna be too cute movement just to run a simple 21-trap and gain no yards...

or even sending out Brue Miller on a motion out wide and just for him to run a 7 yard hook..

What we need is the typical SPLIT formation.. X - running the 3 step slant... TE - running the seam route.. Z - running a 15 yard post-read-square in... and the RBs running the SWING on both side...

THIS IS HOW WE USED TO DICTATE THE GAME.. GET BACK ON TRACK!!
Improved pass protection. Without that, the other stuff doesn't matter as much.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
More red zone touchdowns.
I had a hard time choosing just one thing but getting plays in sooner and giving the younger players a chance to show their stuff and more ball control passing and a zone blocking and...
  • thl408
Originally posted by verb1der:
where's the option for "better coaching"?!

That's a little too broad. I wanted to be more specific as to what aspect of team play people want to see change.
I vote getting the plays in fast with less motion.
Kaepernick always looked like he was forced to process 4x the amount of data as needed when he set to the LOS. It was tedious that that never changed. I know he's smart. But the chaos 2.5 seconds after the snap was always predicated by the unease displayed 10 seconds prior.
Fix that and the offense should improve.
Easy for me to say
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
That's a little too broad. I wanted to be more specific as to what aspect of team play people want to see change.

not to tell you how to do your job, but one would also wonder how some could shrill for better coaching when we have not even seen what these guys can do yet
Share 49ersWebzone