LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Trade Andy Lee?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by susweel:
You just don't trade an Andy muthaf**king Lee.

No one would trade for him anyway. Who wants a punter coming off an average season getting paid like an all-pro?

It's more than stats its about the heart and leadership he brings to the team.
Have you seen NFL trades? You get like 25 cents on the dollar. An aging Andy Lee would probably get us a 7th round pick.
wasnt he dealing with an ankle injury for most of the season? To write Lee off after one less than stellar season is crazy talk.

No one would trade for him anyway. Who wants a punter coming off an average season getting paid like an all-pro?

The writing is on the wall at least Lee will be in the 10 year club at HQ.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I think we can find more things to worry about that leadership that may be lost from a punter. if you fail to beat out the person next to you in your job, then you do not deserve to have a job in my opinion. i know obama has turned our world into an entitlement society but in the nfl it is still about competition and being the best at your position. if lee is and the kid can not cut it, then he goes and we get all pissed about blowing a fifth round pick on a punter we cut. i also think this thing is about the fact the guy can kick it out of the end zone , if he can do that and punt as well or better than lee and is cheaper,, well you are a foolish franchise not to make a change,, lol at the leadership of a punter. if lee loses his job and this kid makes people start out at the 10-20 yard line and can punt as well as lee used to,, no one except for a few will be whining about losing lees leadership
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cc is still trying to recover from the "lost leadership of lee" theory
Can he play Linebacker?
Andy Lee's days are numbered. 11 seasons he's wearing down. He's been GREAT but is expensive and its time to move on. You dont waste a 5th round pick on a punter just to cut him right off the bat so I am almost 98.6% sure Lee is a Goner.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Andy Lee's days are numbered. 11 seasons he's wearing down. He's been GREAT but is expensive and its time to move on. You dont waste a 5th round pick on a punter just to cut him right off the bat so I am almost 98.6% sure Lee is a Goner.

He could be placed on the practice squad. You really think someone would steal him from us? Lee is still good, and could take a pay cut if they feel he isnt worth his salary.

I think they just want competition at every position. Lee has been so steady for so long. If Pinion can take his job, go for it, but I doubt he does.

maybe pitt still wants him
andy lee is the greatest football player of all time. if we trade him i will quit sports
I think this pick has a lot to do with Seattle trading up to get Tyler Lockett. Pinion has the potential to neutralize everything this guy brings on special teams.
Too bad Al Davis isn't still alive. He'd probably give us a second rounder.
Nobody will trade for a aging punter with that salary. And I agree 100% with what elephanthaley said, anyone who thinks Lee will still be our Punter
start getting over it now
Share 49ersWebzone