LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Aldon w/Out Justin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Haley helping out Aldon/Tank and not Randy Gregory (cowpies). Nice.
Originally posted by thl408:

Randy Gregory is to crazy for even Haley. LOL

GREAT news!
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Did not know this.

Interesting.

"Haley has been a mentor of Smith's since 2011, when Smith's 14 sacks set a 49ers rookie record previously held by Haley (12)."

So that's where Aldon got decision making from.
Originally posted by Since07:
Did not know this.

Interesting.

"Haley has been a mentor of Smith's since 2011, when Smith's 14 sacks set a 49ers rookie record previously held by Haley (12)."

So that's where Aldon got decision making from.

At least Aldon's not copying Haley's film study/meeting habits
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by REB4:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I still haven't given up hope of Justin returning. I wonder if his decision is based on how JT does and whether he thinks we have enough to make a legit run this yr.

I think this is closer to the truth.

And if I was Justin I'd just hang it up. I mean, why risk your health when you know the team is in rebuilding mode with a patchwork coaching staff.

I'll be shocked if he plays this year.

Agree this is the most likely scenario. Guys will postpone retirement or leaving a team if they actually feel they have one last legitimate shot to win it all. But no one wants to get beat-up this late in their career to rebuild for a future that won't include them anyways. It's why our vets are retiring or leaving the team.

LOL yeah money doesn't matter or the fact that he loves to play football

Would really kill a player if they left and the team does well. Hell when Justin first got here, the niners were in hell.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I guess okoye is above help from haley
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Did not know this.

Interesting.

Nice. Who better to teAch aldon how to control his craziness. Haley is semi normal now right.

Aldon is the best player on our team. Our level of success this season on D is tied to his performance.
maybe i am wrong but thought the current camp is for rookies only.. so that is very nice to see these two guys working out in rookie camp. nice to see a little old school niner connection there. the former coach would never have allowed this,, it would have taken attention off of him
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe i am wrong but thought the current camp is for rookies only.. so that is very nice to see these two guys working out in rookie camp. nice to see a little old school niner connection there. the former coach would never have allowed this,, it would have taken attention off of him

I think the players can work out on their own, but the coaches can't interfere yet. That's why the position coaches just watched and not say anything. Haley is not on staff, so he can talk with Aldon. Also, Tomosula was quick to say Haley shooting the Baloney with Aldon and not coaching Aldon, that might seen as a nono since JT brought in Haley to talk to the rookies.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I think the players can work out on their own, but the coaches can't interfere yet. That's why the position coaches just watched and not say anything. Haley is not on staff, so he can talk with Aldon. Also, Tomosula was quick to say Haley shooting the Baloney with Aldon and not coaching Aldon, that might seen as a nono since JT brought in Haley to talk to the rookies.
love that expression of the new coaches choice, chewing the baloney.

CC, you think maybe Aldon thinks he has something to show the team this yr, since he screwed up and us over last yr? I bet he has one huge season...a lot of it trying to prove that a) he belongs, and b) the 9ers were correct in standing by him. I think he is going to thank them with his play this yr.
Ive thought of that too may times...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
CC, you think maybe Aldon thinks he has something to show the team this yr, since he screwed up and us over last yr? I bet he has one huge season...a lot of it trying to prove that a) he belongs, and b) the 9ers were correct in standing by him. I think he is going to thank them with his play this yr.

he has a chip on his shoulder,, as a matter of fact i would like to think a whole bunch of guys like he and vernon have a chip on their shoulder from last year.
Share 49ersWebzone