There are 155 users in the forums

Toughest, Gutsiest, "All-Heart" Players in 49ers History

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Sunday night football 1995 against Buffalo. They were on the 1. Kelly hands the ball to Kenny Holes...Gary Plummer meets him helmet to helmet as Holmes tries to hurdle the line. Holmes fumbles the ball, Lee Woodall scoops it up and takes it 94 (IIRC) yards for the score. Merton Hanks was like a pinball keeping the Bills from running him down. One of my alltime favorite plays.

Dan

i remember that, dan.
Originally posted by cciowa:
love to adam walker for playing in a playoff game with a cast on his hand

Paul Hofer belongs on this list.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
Paul Hofer belongs on this list.

Agreed. The dude knew that his style, to go all out always, ment that he wouldn't last long in the NFL but he went for it, with gusto, every time he touched the ball...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by cciowa:
love to adam walker for playing in a playoff game with a cast on his hand

i deserved that. actually do you have a little icon where you are kicking my ass with your foot?? . that would seem more appropriate
  • Jiks
My favorite all time player
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
do you guys think we sort of need to give some love to jeff fuller? he was very good leading up to his untimely end of his career
Ronnie Lott and B.Y. for me. Brent Jones is good too.
Ronnie Lott
Jeremy Newberry
Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Frank Gore
Hacksaw Reynolds
Dave Wilcox
William Floyd
Charles Haley
Bryant Young
Marquez Pope
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

Guess who

Russ Francis was a tough baller. Fit right in.
John Frank, speaking of TE. Leveling Boz was a work of art.
(Edit) AND, while fact checking Frank I note that he also as a rookie wrestled Lawrence Taylor to the ground on a block, then when Taylor commenced an attitude about it and started going all Judo, Frank threw him down again and pinned him to a 3 count.

The Jeff Fuller mention had come to mind too.
But yeah Lott, Young and Gore for toughness and heart over their careers, no escaping them at the top of the list, as they were the faces of the franchise during their days.
[ Edited by 5Jan2003 on May 12, 2015 at 7:22 PM ]
Alex Smith
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Chris Borland

Is this a thread about the all p@ssy team?
What about #33, Tony Parrish? Played with that giant arm cast/brace, always brought the lumber, and he gave up one of his onions and didn't miss a beat. That guy was cut in the mold of Lott, BY, and JNew62.
jonnas jennings.
Share 49ersWebzone