LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Nickel LB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tsty:
Originally posted by cciowa:
wheeler is going to be a good player for us i feel. in terms of moody, this is his chance , his best chance and maybe his last chance with us

Phillip Wheeler(6'2,245) will start inside next to Bowman over Wilhoite(6'0,240), he had 150 tackles for Oakland but moved to outside with Miami and was a run liability.......I really like Moody but his being such a good special teams player is his handicap.

when wheeler had his best year, his coach at the time, is now with us. just saying
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
when wheeler had his best year, his coach at the time, is now with us. just saying

Precisely
I have a feeling our nickle LB isn't going to be an actual LB at all, it's going to be Jaquiski Tartt. It's been frustrating to me reading all the hate on this pick from media and fans, especially when people say that him and Ward are competing for the same spot. I view them both as nickle guys right now but in completely different roles. Ward is a nickle CB and backup FS, Tartt is a nickle S/LB hybrid who will backup Bethea at SS. I truly believe the 49ers drafted Tartt to be the future starting SS and a guy who right away can be a big part of ST's and come in on nickle packages, play close to the LOS and help out covering big TE's and supporting the run.
Originally posted by nyc9erfan:
I would like to see the 49ers use Nick Moody as a nickel LB. He is a former defensive back and probably has more coverage ability than most of the LB's on the roster (other than Bowman if fully healthy). Willis is gone and Wilhoite is not a good cover LB. Worth a try?

Agreed, only issue is run stop and play call
Originally posted by thl408:
More nickel LB play:

This is textbook "walling off" a shallow crossing route. Watch Bow.

oops I drew that route from the incorrect WR.

Wasn't that pass interference on Bowman?

Edit: With a good QB that would've been a completed pass, and maybe a TD.
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on May 15, 2015 at 5:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone