There are 98 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by WINiner:
The fact that coool Joe never relied on his kicker to win the game for any of his SB's had already decided the debate in my mind.

He just counted on a Cowboys defender to drop an Int right before the catch
and counted on a Cincy defender to drop an Int on the drive in the SB
lolz
Joe Cool was awesome but he also had some luck in there too


and the 49ers cheated the system too

You could play that game all day. If the seahags coaching staff didnt have a brainfart and forgot they had lynch this wouldn't even be a discussion

Oh trust me it would. To some people a 3-3 record in the SB is as equally good or better than a 4-0 record because of the 2 extra appearances
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on May 12, 2015 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't even know why anyone around here would try to argue that the NFL wasn't harder physically on QB's in the 80's than it is today. Come on. Were you even watching? Even the mobile QB's took tremendous beatings. Does Joe Theisman ring a bell?
Literally no one is arguing that it wasn't more violent back then. That's a strawman. But that doesn't mean that just because it was harder that Brady would last "two years". What's the point of throwing out silly hyperbole like that?

And speaking of not watching games, did you not watch the Super Bowl? Brady destroyed the Seahawks defense and set a Super Bowl completions record, thanks in large part to averaging only 2.09 seconds from snap-to-release. He is consistently one of the best passers in the NFL when it comes to short, quick-release passes. He had only 6.6 Y/A in the SB, but he nickel-and-dimed one of the best defenses in the league to death. (Insert attempt to downplay the Seahawks' defense because they were banged up here. Remember, according to the Webzone, every time the 49ers played a team in the Super Bowl, their opponents were always 100% healthy.)
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't even know why anyone around here would try to argue that the NFL wasn't harder physically on QB's in the 80's than it is today. Come on. Were you even watching? Even the mobile QB's took tremendous beatings. Does Joe Theisman ring a bell?
Literally no one is arguing that it wasn't more violent back then. That's a strawman. But that doesn't mean that just because it was harder that Brady would last "two years". What's the point of throwing out silly hyperbole like that?

And speaking of not watching games, did you not watch the Super Bowl? Brady destroyed the Seahawks defense and set a Super Bowl completions record, thanks in large part to averaging only 2.09 seconds from snap-to-release. He is consistently one of the best passers in the NFL when it comes to short, quick-release passes. He had only 6.6 Y/A in the SB, but he nickel-and-dimed one of the best defenses in the league to death. (Insert attempt to downplay the Seahawks' defense because they were banged up here. Remember, according to the Webzone, every time the 49ers played a team in the Super Bowl, their opponents were always 100% healthy.)

You know, I really shouldn't be one to take the other side of your argument, because I'm actually one of the few Niner fans around here who actually likes Tom Brady (local kid, Niner fan, great QB). I think Tom Brady is the greatest QB of his generation. I think he's a first ballot Hall of Fame entry hands down. And I think it's a legitimate argument. It's just that where the big game is concerned, I don't think anyone will ever beat perfection, no interceptions and a cumulative 127 QB rating which is by far the best rating of all QB's who have played in more than one Super Bowl.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Montana was more clutch and the game was different back then with heavy emphasis on running the ball and defenses allowed to KO QBs and bump & run coverage. Brady is a legend No Doubt but Joe Montana with today's rules would average 50 TDs a year and probably have 7 or 8 SB victories. The NFL wants more offense for more interest with Fantasy Football brings in Billions in revenue Yearly. That wasn't available during the 70's and 80's when Montana was at his peak.

Imagine Steve Young in todays rules... Beast
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Really Joe Montana would've been no better than Akili Smith or Quincy Carter without Walsh and all of the HOF players surrounding him.

Some people just can't resist being an (insert word here).

Akili has more passing yards, more TDs, less interceptions, better completion pct., better QB rating, thats a fact. He also played with worse talent and coaches in the NFL, also a fact.

You're talking about college??? College??? Lol!!!
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Really Joe Montana would've been no better than Akili Smith or Quincy Carter without Walsh and all of the HOF players surrounding him.s
some things are not worth answering. even when he was old and broken down, he could still get it done and against the niners and a bunch of hall of famers i may add
Yea but Montana went to the Chiefs and threw to HOFers Willie Davis and JJ Birden

and has just as many Superbowls as Ryan Leaf while playing for KC
Originally posted by crake49:
You know, I really shouldn't be one to take the other side of your argument, because I'm actually one of the few Niner fans around here who actually likes Tom Brady (local kid, Niner fan, great QB). I think Tom Brady is the greatest QB of his generation. I think he's a first ballot Hall of Fame entry hands down. And I think it's a legitimate argument. It's just that where the big game is concerned, I don't think anyone will ever beat perfection, no interceptions and a cumulative 127 QB rating which is by far the best rating of all QB's who have played in more than one Super Bowl.
This is the most reasonable post ive seen and its the truth
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
and has just as many Superbowls as Ryan Leaf while playing for KC
Dumb post ever of all time
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Really Joe Montana would've been no better than Akili Smith or Quincy Carter without Walsh and all of the HOF players surrounding him.

Some people just can't resist being an (insert word here).

Akili has more passing yards, more TDs, less interceptions, better completion pct., better QB rating, thats a fact. He also played with worse talent and coaches in the NFL, also a fact.

You're talking about college??? College??? Lol!!!
LOL.....alright, I'll stop f**king around. It obvious Montana is one of the greatest, however I was a bigger Young fan because of my age(34)
Originally posted by crake49:
And I think it's a legitimate argument. It's just that where the big game is concerned, I don't think anyone will ever beat perfection, no interceptions and a cumulative 127 QB rating which is by far the best rating of all QB's who have played in more than one Super Bowl.
If you think there's a legitimate argument either way then I really respect that. I can totally understand where people are coming from when they side with Montana, and I also agree that his spotless Super Bowl credentials are stunning.

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by crake49:
You know, I really shouldn't be one to take the other side of your argument, because I'm actually one of the few Niner fans around here who actually likes Tom Brady (local kid, Niner fan, great QB). I think Tom Brady is the greatest QB of his generation. I think he's a first ballot Hall of Fame entry hands down. And I think it's a legitimate argument. It's just that where the big game is concerned, I don't think anyone will ever beat perfection, no interceptions and a cumulative 127 QB rating which is by far the best rating of all QB's who have played in more than one Super Bowl.
This is the most reasonable post ive seen and its the truth

Thank you! This thread veers into crazy land at times. Can you even believe there is a Niner fan on this planet who thinks Akili Smith or Quincy Carter were as good as Joe Montana? Wow.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Really Joe Montana would've been no better than Akili Smith or Quincy Carter without Walsh and all of the HOF players surrounding him.

Some people just can't resist being an (insert word here).

Akili has more passing yards, more TDs, less interceptions, better completion pct., better QB rating, thats a fact. He also played with worse talent and coaches in the NFL, also a fact.

You're talking about college??? College??? Lol!!!
LOL.....alright, I'll stop f**king around. It obvious Montana is one of the greatest, however I was a bigger Young fan because of my age(34)
Im 35 and remember the Greatest
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by crake49:
You know, I really shouldn't be one to take the other side of your argument, because I'm actually one of the few Niner fans around here who actually likes Tom Brady (local kid, Niner fan, great QB). I think Tom Brady is the greatest QB of his generation. I think he's a first ballot Hall of Fame entry hands down. And I think it's a legitimate argument. It's just that where the big game is concerned, I don't think anyone will ever beat perfection, no interceptions and a cumulative 127 QB rating which is by far the best rating of all QB's who have played in more than one Super Bowl.
This is the most reasonable post ive seen and its the truth

Thank you! This thread veers into crazy land at times. Can you even believe there is a Niner fan on this planet who thinks Akili Smith or Quincy Carter were as good as Joe Montana? Wow.
I cant.....but then I can
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
and has just as many Superbowls as Ryan Leaf while playing for KC
Dumb post ever of all time

ahh...so what's the dumbest then?
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
and has just as many Superbowls as Ryan Leaf while playing for KC
Dumb post ever of all time

ahh...so what's the dumbest then?
There are so many, but this one trumps recent memory
Share 49erswebzone