There are 150 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 2 times Brady had elite talent in 07 when the Pats were 18-0 and a few years later when he had Gronk and Hernandez at the tight ends. His teams lost the SB. So I guess Brady couldn't win with elite talent.
We're not talkin about brady anymore.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
The 2 times Brady had elite talent in 07 when the Pats were 18-0 and a few years later when he had Gronk and Hernandez at the tight ends. His teams lost the SB. So I guess Brady couldn't win with elite talent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000496029/article/montana-on-deflategate-just-pay-up-and-move-on

What the
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498971/article/emmanuel-sanders-patriots-should-not-be-champs

Perfectly said
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
(Montana's) Legacy secured? In my opinion, it was never threatened.

Exactly. I take nothing away from Brady, he should have two more rings, but even then Montana is the GOAT.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

Not when the defense failed him in both of those games.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Brady is probably better than Joe. The beautiful thing is he'd never admit it, so we're good. Always kind of hated the guy but I'm thankful for that last SB.
Convincing.
Originally posted by Homer:
Brady is probably better than Joe. The beautiful thing is he'd never admit it, so we're good. Always kind of hated the guy but I'm thankful for that last SB.

Two different eras....one thing for sure is Brady wouldn't hang back then

• Homer
  • Veteran
Really? For sure?...

Well, this is one I am not going to agree on. If Montana played under the rules Brady plays under I think he would have set unreachable standards.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
couldn't you say the same about Brady playing for possibly the best offensive mind of all time? Throwing to the greatest football player of all time?
couldn't you say the same about Brady playing for possibly the best offensive mind of all time? Throwing to the greatest football player of all time?

The Defense wasn't neutered as they are now. They used to get two steps after the throw to tee off on the QB. Brady would be dead.

Tuck rule... Help Brady
Don't hit below the QB's knees... Protect Brady
Don't touch WRs.... Help all QBs

The lengths the NFL went to protect and help Brady and the rest of the current era QBs leave them all out of the discussion. It isn't close to the same game. Yes, players are bigger and faster, but they're neutered by the rules.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
The Defense wasn't neutered as they are now. They used to get two steps after the throw to tee off on the QB. Brady would be dead.

Tuck rule... Help Brady
Don't hit below the QB's knees... Protect Brady
Don't touch WRs.... Help all QBs

The lengths the NFL went to protect and help Brady and the rest of the current era QBs leave them all out of the discussion. It isn't close to the same game. Yes, players are bigger and faster, but they're neutered by the rules.

Brady gets rid of the ball fast, though. I appreciate you recognize that players are bigger, stronger, and faster now. I just think the whole "would never survive in that era" attitude can't be used for everyone. If that's the mindset, no one will ever pass Montana and I just don't think that's fair. We're not talking about Andy Dalton.

Joe playing vs more stacked teams is a fair argument. I think that's a wash because Joe had an equally stacked team. Our teams were historic. It's not like we were the modern day colts. All time greats, everywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone