LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Joe Montana Legacy Secured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For years I have heard that Tom Brady might sure pass Joe Montana legacy... but since "AGAIN" cheating is brought up in the Patroits SuperBowl season, should have tainted forever the Montana vs Brady trial. Your thoughts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492185/article/tom-brady-suspended-4-games-plans-to-appeal
[ Edited by Constantine on May 12, 2015 at 5:24 AM ]
The fact that coool Joe never relied on his kicker to win the game for any of his SB's had already decided the debate in my mind.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The fact that coool Joe never relied on his kicker to win the game for any of his SB's had already decided the debate in my mind.

Another stong point

Or the fact he never lost one either...
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Or the fact he never lost one either...

especially to a scrub like Eli, x2.
Joe will always be #1
Originally posted by insanemike27:
especially to a scrub like Eli, x2.

Lol right
The media exposure hypes people to be much more than they are. Remember a few years ago Peyton Manning was being mentioned as the GOAT, one interception later (in the SB against NO) that talk stopped. Brady has the money, the fame, the Super-Model Wife and he's taking the air out of footballs. In the end it all falls to Belichick.
6 Super Bowls > 4 Super Bowls.

Brady is better.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

He just counted on a Cowboys defender to drop an Int right before the catch
and counted on a Cincy defender to drop an Int on the drive in the SB
lolz
Joe Cool was awesome but he also had some luck in there too

and the 49ers cheated the system too

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Brady is better.

So 5 Superbowls > 4 Bowls
Elway is also better than Montana?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Brady is better.

You need to check the way the rules have been changed in the meantime to protect and favour the qb.

And, by the way, losing does not equal winning.
Montana was more clutch and the game was different back then with heavy emphasis on running the ball and defenses allowed to KO QBs and bump & run coverage. Brady is a legend No Doubt but Joe Montana with today's rules would average 50 TDs a year and probably have 7 or 8 SB victories. The NFL wants more offense for more interest with Fantasy Football brings in Billions in revenue Yearly. That wasn't available during the 70's and 80's when Montana was at his peak.
A few zoners here truly believe that Brady is better than Montana on the fact that he went to more super bowls (6) vs (4). They believe 4-2 is greater than 4-0 in the big dance. They also reflect on the fact that Montana was surrounded by great players because he flourished in the no salary cap era. But they tend to forget that on the flip side Montana had to deal with ridiculously talented teams like the Giants, Redskins, and Bears. Oh but when you look at the # of all pros and pro bowlers on each SB team, Montana averaged 7 per his SB winning teams, Brady 6. The 84 San Fran team had the most with 10 and Joe took complete advantage. Brady had almost 9 per team in 2007 and 2011 but choked in the big dance.

Also as many zoners have pointed out Montana played in a brutal era where QB's were destroyed and receivers mugged like crazy. He and his receivers didn't have all the protection that whiny ass Brady enjoys today.
I hate these debates, so much insecurity from Niner fans in these forums. Brady is not better than Montana its completely obvious, just look at the overall stats rewatch the damn games lol 4-0 is better than 4-2 Montana never threw an INT and Montana has a better QBR, Brady is going to have to win 1 more in convincing fashion or win 2 more the Brady way to even tie Montana imo.
Share 49ersWebzone