LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Number assignments for new 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by slowriot:
Blake Bell, the new Brent Jones :-)

I'm pumped he picked 84 -- He'll look just like Brent making TD catches in the future. Pulling so greatly for this kid and hoping for quick development and contribution. Carrier is a very good receiving TE, but he is really better suited to playing the TE2 position as a complementary threat like Delanie was -- he's simply not in the same mold of Bell where he could inline block in heavier packages.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by slowriot:
S Jaquiski Tartt: 29

OLB Eli Harold: 58

TE Blake Bell: 84

RB Mike Davis: 20

WR DeAndre Smelter: 15

P Bradley Pinion: 5

OL Ian Silberman: 62

OL Trent Brown: 77

TE Busta Anderson: 48

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article20762955.html

Old numbers of Ahmed Plummer, Keena Turner, Brent Jones, Garrison Hearst, Michael Crabtree, Jeff Garcia, Jeremy Newberry, Kwame Harris, and Will Tukuafu

August seems so far away... the lack of football-related activity is excruciatingly agonizing.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I hope Davis don't turn out to be a G. Hearst type of player.. that can only mean that will never get to the Super Bowl...

Herst was good, but he was the jinxed on why we never could beat Green Bay and get to the Super Bowl.. .He was also the reason why we turned down the Marshall Faulk Indy Colts offer..

Still can't believe we did not give up Hearst, 2nd and 5th for Marshall..

I never heard of a Marshall Faulk offer until today. You stay making stuff up dude.

Ya...I've NEVER heard of any offer in regards to Hearst and Faulk.

Even if this were true...

It would have been after the 1998 season. In 1998, Marshall Faulk ran for 1319 yards and 4.1 yards per carry. Garrison Hearst ran for 1570 yards and 5.1 per carry.

Why on earth would the 49ers give up Hearst AND picks for Faulk knowing only what we knew then? Nobody knew Garrison was going to break his ankle and miss 2 full seasons.

Come on now.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 12, 2015 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm pumped he picked 84 -- He'll look just like Brent making TD catches in the future. Pulling so greatly for this kid and hoping for quick development and contribution. Carrier is a very good receiving TE, but he is really better suited to playing the TE2 position as a complementary threat like Delanie was -- he's simply not in the same mold of Bell where he could inline block in heavier packages.

August seems so far away... the lack of football-related activity is excruciatingly agonizing.
This
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
This

feel the same.

However Baseball seems so much better this year.

not sure if subtle change to the game pace or that they are coming off the WS.

NBA and NHL playoffs are mildly entertaining as well.
[ Edited by Crown on May 13, 2015 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
#20 for Davis ...NICE ...Garrison Hearst 2.0

He actually has a similar running style. One can hope

That's it!!! For a few days I kept beating myself up for not being able to figure it out. I was saying he looks like someone but I can't remember. I guess I was blocking out Niner backs to compare. But yes, his running style is very very close to Hearst's.

Thanks!
Phillip Wheeler is #44 according to 49ers.com's roster page.

Only ones without numbers are Dorsey and Armstead, I would think 91 for one of them, and then IDK for the other, as no other 90s are left, unless JSmkth retires, and I don't see them giving out BYs old number. I would take a stab and say once final cuts are made one or both of those 2 will change numbers.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Only ones without numbers are Dorsey and Armstead, I would think 91 for one of them, and then IDK for the other, as no other 90s are left, unless JSmkth retires, and I don't see them giving out BYs old number. I would take a stab and say once final cuts are made one or both of those 2 will change numbers.

I think Armstead will take 91 and Dorsey a number in the 70s...probably 72, the number he wore at LSU and in KC.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 13, 2015 at 9:02 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think it's time to allow Dorsey to meet his full potential and move him at the DT positin.. Dial and Ian Williams should compete for the NT position while Dorsey man the position that both McDonald and Justin Smith had..

I'm surprised Dorsey doesn't rock his old #72?
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I think Armstead will take 91 and Dorsey a number in the 70s...probably 72, the number he wore at LSU and in KC.

The 49ers stopped using #72 after Thomas Herrion died.
The 49ers are running out of numbers to issue. Do we stop using 21 and 52 now as well? I don't like it. Numbers should enter semi-retirement in my opinion. Ten years to honour the retired stars and split the eras - then bring the numbers back into circulation.
I think some numbers should never be worn again.

8- Steve Young
16- Joe Montana
42- Ronnie Lott
80- Jerry Rice
97- Bryant Young

Also 21- Frank Gore, and 52- Patrick Willis.

The rest I'm ok with being used. I may have missed a few I'm not an oldster like some here, I don't know the entire list of retired/semi-retired numbers.
Guys, were running out of numbers!! Stop giving them away to the rookies!

Share 49ersWebzone