LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Number assignments for new 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Tart will be 29.. that number is not taken.. i love 20 for Davis.. 20 is such a RB number.. Acker would have to chose a new number again though.. he switched from 24 to 20.. and wright is now 24, but wright wore 29 in san diego.. as long as we don't have a running back wearing 24 i am good! 24 is a CB number..

off topic.. question about retired number.. whats up with 97? i know its BY number but its not retired... and why so many number are being retired.. i mean u can't just stop issuing numbers of players that played good.. and why did harris barton wear 79 if its retired?
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
#20 for Davis ...NICE ...Garrison Hearst 2.0

He actually has a similar running style. One can hope
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jersey numbers guesses for the rest

Busta Anderson - 84
Silberman - 77
Armstead - 91
Smelter - 15
Pinion - 18
Tartt - 44
Brown - 62
Bell - 10 (But I think 84 would look pretty good)
Why oh why did they give smelter Crabtree`s #? pick another # like 18,17,or 83 anything but 15 yuck!

1) Those are guesses, not the actual numbers.
2) Smelter wore #15 at Georgia Tech.
ooh ok,still a little leary
S Jaquiski Tartt: 29

OLB Eli Harold: 58

TE Blake Bell: 84

RB Mike Davis: 20

WR DeAndre Smelter: 15

P Bradley Pinion: 5

OL Ian Silberman: 62

OL Trent Brown: 77

TE Busta Anderson: 48

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article20762955.html
[ Edited by slowriot on May 12, 2015 at 1:05 PM ]
Blake Bell, the new Brent Jones :-)

I'm hoping Smelter can redeem #15 and Trenton Brown proves to be less of a turnstyle than ol' Kwame.

Originally posted by slowriot:
S Jaquiski Tartt: 29

OLB Eli Harold: 58

TE Blake Bell: 84

RB Mike Davis: 20

WR DeAndre Smelter: 15

P Bradley Pinion: 5

OL Ian Silberman: 62

OL Trent Brown: 77

TE Busta Anderson: 48

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article20762955.html

Old numbers of Ahmed Plummer, Keena Turner, Brent Jones, Garrison Hearst, Michael Crabtree, Jeff Garcia, Jeremy Newberry, Kwame Harris, and Will Tukuafu
Originally posted by Niners99:
Old numbers of Ahmed Plummer, Keena Turner, Brent Jones, Garrison Hearst, Michael Crabtree, Jeff Garcia, Jeremy Newberry, Kwame Harris, and Will Tukuafu

Man, Plummer turned out to be a huge disappointment. Looking forward to Tartt bringing that number some relevance.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I hope Davis don't turn out to be a G. Hearst type of player.. that can only mean that will never get to the Super Bowl...

Herst was good, but he was the jinxed on why we never could beat Green Bay and get to the Super Bowl.. .He was also the reason why we turned down the Marshall Faulk Indy Colts offer..

Still can't believe we did not give up Hearst, 2nd and 5th for Marshall..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I hope Davis don't turn out to be a G. Hearst type of player.. that can only mean that will never get to the Super Bowl...

Herst was good, but he was the jinxed on why we never could beat Green Bay and get to the Super Bowl.. .He was also the reason why we turned down the Marshall Faulk Indy Colts offer..

Was that ever on the table, or just wishful thinking on your part? The Rams only gave up a 2nd and a 5th with no player included.

Hearst was great for SF. If he didn't get injured in the '98 playoff game against Atlanta, we were primed for a SB run.

WR Issac Blakeney – 1

WR Darius Davis – 3

P Bradley Pinion – 5

WR Dres Anderson – 6

QB Dylan Thompson – 13

WR DeAndre Smelter – 15

WR DeAndrew White – 18

WR DiAndre Campbell – 19

RB Mike Davis – 20

S Jaquiski Tartt – 29

S Jermaine Whitehead – 38

DL Marcus Rush – 45

TE Busta Anderson – 48

LB Eli Harold – 58

OL Ian Silberman – 62

OL Patrick Miller – 68

OL Trent Brown – 77

TE Blake Bell – 84

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-2015-Rookies-Select-Uniform-Numbers/ed7cb52b-c34e-4b04-9584-023d9b5f8a8a
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by slowriot:

Was that ever on the table, or just wishful thinking on your part? The Rams only gave up a 2nd and a 5th with no player included.

Hearst was great for SF. If he didn't get injured in the '98 playoff game against Atlanta, we were primed for a SB run.

I used to subsrice to 49ers Report back in the late 80s and early 90s, and once a member of MOUTH OF SOUTH/FAN HOME and I remember reading that the Colts were offering Marshall Faulk around for a 2nd rounder.. Bill Walsh had inquired about Marshall and the Colts wanted us to throw in Hearst... Mooch, being a dumbass as he is, did not want to part ways with Hearst..

Bill Walsh supposively called his good buddy Dick Vermeil (why, i dont know) and told Dick about it.. as you may know, freakin Dick pulled the trigger, also traded for QB Paul Justin to back up Trent Green.. Trent Green got injured against the Chargers in the pre-seaon, Paul Justin was not ready because he was only there for a week or so, and was forced to play Kurt Warner..

The rest is history...
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

I never heard of a Marshall Faulk offer until today. You stay making stuff up dude.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
that's because you weren't in America back then homes..
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jersey numbers guesses for the rest

Busta Anderson - 84
Silberman - 77
Armstead - 91
Smelter - 15
Pinion - 18
Tartt - 44
Brown - 62
Bell - 10 (But I think 84 would look pretty good)

Bell can't pick 10...he's a TE. 40s or 80s.

Yes, except in the pre-season he can still wear 10, if I recall, like some receivers wore single digit numbers last pre-season (could be wrong, but I swear that was the case due to the 90-man roster taking up so many numbers). Now for the regular season, I hope he picks 84.

On another thought, I'm curious if they listed him as a QB/TE if he could still potentially try to wear 10 into the regular season.
Share 49ersWebzone