There are 304 users in the forums

How many games will we win next season 2015-16?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KegBert:
And my magic 8 ball says....

Ill ask Again later
I really want to see some pre-season games before I make a call on this and it would be nice to know what Cowboy is going to do. Right now I think worst case scenario is 8 wins. Best case scenario is probably somewhere around 11. So I will split the difference and go with 9 wins, 7 losses and in play for a wild card going into the final weekend.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Hoping for 12 wins......expecting 6 wins
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I will start my feels at 8-8 and adjust accordingly as the pre season goes on.
This year it's just too hard for me to make even a rough guess, so, for me, 0 to 16.
A lot depends on Kap. Kap good = 8 or 9 wins. Kap great = 10 or more wins. Kap bad = I don't want to think about it.
We've upgraded in some areas, downgraded in some others. Having all the injured players returning healthy is huge! I don't think the roster is as talent depleted as many seem to think. Losing Willis and Borland hurts the most. Crabtree? meh. Iupati? We'll miss his run blocking, but his replacement might be better in pass protection. We'll see. Stevie Johnson? Hardly played him, so I don't see how that hurts so much. Lloyd? Never wanted that turd back on the team! CBs? We have many that the team seems high on, and, honestly, they seem to know CBs better than any other position.

If the offensive playcalls and gameplans improve just a little, Mangini manages the defense well enough, and we don't get hit with so many damn injuries... We could see 11 wins or so.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I really want to see some pre-season games before I make a call on this and it would be nice to know what Cowboy is going to do. Right now I think worst case scenario is 8 wins. Best case scenario is probably somewhere around 11. So I will split the difference and go with 9 wins, 7 losses and in play for a wild card going into the final weekend.

Pre season Doesnt tell you anything
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Pre season tells you a lot. What players look improved? What backups fit where? There are always injuries, how with those effect us? We've never seen this coaching staff in this role before, how will they work together?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Definitely worse than 8-8, 7-9 at best, but could be as bad as 4-12. Either way, we will be lucky to beat the Rams to stay off the bottom.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rascal:
Definitely worse than 8-8, 7-9 at best, but could be as bad as 4-12. Either way, we will be lucky to beat the Rams to stay off the bottom.

I'm getting the whole Dennis Erickson vibe all over again. 2003 49ers blew out Chicago in the first game then lost three in a row (5 of the next 8), finished 7-9.

Then the 2004 meltdown when the only 2 wins came in OT against Arizona both times 31-28

Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Pre season tells you a lot. What players look improved? What backups fit where? There are always injuries, how with those effect us? We've never seen this coaching staff in this role before, how will they work together?

Agreed....I need to see who of the many injured is not back to form, I need to see who of the draft picks actually has potential, I need to see who wins the battles at corner and interior line. If you don't think Preseason can tell you a lot of about your season you aren't watching. We are talking about pre-season wins here...we are talking about pre-season play.
6 games. I think 2015 and 2016 are the rebuilding years. 2017 should be the year we come out strong.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by pdizo916:
6 games. I think 2015 and 2016 are the rebuilding years. 2017 should be the year we come out strong.

wonder who our coach will be in 2017, Mangina?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Rascal:

I'm getting the whole Dennis Erickson vibe all over again. 2003 49ers blew out Chicago in the first game then lost three in a row (5 of the next 8), finished 7-9.

Then the 2004 meltdown when the only 2 wins came in OT against Arizona both times 31-28

Me too and I will tell you why.

Mainly 2 things :

1) I just do not have any confidence whatsoever in Tomsula and any of his coaching staff, period. If I were being totally honest, I detest the entire coaching staff from top to bottom.

2) Kap is still our QB, big problem. He has already hit his ceiling and the 9ers won't go far as long as Kap is under center.

As always injuries to our team as well as injuries to other teams
Share 49ersWebzone