There are 200 users in the forums

Who is the leader on defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowman, Bathea, Reid, hopefully Aldon, can see dockett bringing some toughness. Also have a good feeling about Aaron Lynch, I think sooner than later he'll be a leader on defense.
Usually each unit has a leader...sometimes they are assigned, or developed (as Willis was), other times a guy just takes over and folks listen to him. That can be risky...just ask Miami!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Usually each unit has a leader...sometimes they are assigned, or developed (as Willis was), other times a guy just takes over and folks listen to him. That can be risky...just ask Miami!

Tomsula really doesn't seem like a Joe Philbin.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

LOL! No, I don't see him letting a psycho take over the team!

LOL! No, I don't see him letting a psycho take over the team!

"Hey, guys, if guys could stop the physical and mental abuse that'd be be great, m'kay..."

I did not think Philbin was going to last watching their Hard Knocks.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Bowman, Bathea, Reid, hopefully Aldon, can see dockett bringing some toughness. Also have a good feeling about Aaron Lynch, I think sooner than later he'll be a leader on defense.

I like that both Smith and Lynch can end up being vocal leaders for this team. I think it means a lot that both guys have had a troubled past and are coming around to be leaders for the team. Lynch has definitely not been quiet with his Twitter posts, and it seems Aldon is doing all he can to change how people view him. You can tell he knows this is probably his last chance
"Hey, guys, if guys could stop the physical and mental abuse that'd be be great, m'kay..."

I did not think Philbin was going to last watching their Hard Knocks.

I loved the programs with older 49ers talking about how professional they were in the 80s or 90s. Even Haley was more or less under control when Lott could be with him! LOL!
53 no doubt. I think Reid may step up as well.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Okoye, soon!
Dockett and Lynch are definitely the smack talkers as both love twitter and Lynch has already started in this off season on Seattle, which I don't mind. I think we have been missing a little attitude. Every other team in our division have those guys that people regard as refreshing to hear from because they are "honest" and don't give that "standard" answer. That's good, now we have some players like that. As far as the leaders of the defense I would think it's Bowman now that Willis has retired. Or maybe as a vet it is Dockett, he definitely backs it up with his play and work ethic. Looking at his tweets and as long as he's starting, productive and has a good work ethic Lynch seems like he could fire you up. Sherman is Seattle's defensive leader so why not someone that likes to talk smack as the leader on D? I will go with Dockett for the leader of the pregame speeches only because right now he starts and I don't know if Lynch will be and Bow seems more like a quiet monster.
[ Edited by IHATELOWELLCOHN on May 6, 2015 at 1:11 AM ]

It'll be Bowman and Aldon mainly. Aldon seems to be finally coming around as a pro
Bowman, then Bethea, and by the end of the year, Dockett will be a key leader too.
Could be wrong but I don't see Aldon as a leader. He seems too quiet and not the kind of guy players will follow. Bowman is quiet but he sets the front seven and players respect him. Of course, if A Smith can stay out of trouble for a whole year...?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Okoye, soon!

he may have to give that up six games into the season when JT is fired and he is named interim head coach. my god, the man can do ANYTHING
Bowman. Hands down.
Share 49ersWebzone