There are 207 users in the forums

Who is the leader on defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Willis is gone, Bowman is recovering. Aldon is proving himself, Cowboy may or not come back. The rook's are still working the ends learning to set the edge. And the niners have draft picks. Nioce.

Tomsula says brrmmughrrtrmermughugh" without name dropping.

Who, in your opinion, will step up to lead the defense this year?
Bethea or Bowman probably.
To me, it's definitely Bowman. The guys are psyched to have him back, and he'll have even more of a leadership role than before. He is the spiritual successor to Willis.
bowman
Bowman by far, then Bethea & Reid. I could also see Aldon and Lynch start taking on bigger leadership roles as well.

I love me some Willis but people seem to forget that for years he was never a vocal leader of the defense and was asked to take public speaking classes to become more of a leader in addition to just a stud linebacker. Some are born leaders and some emerge as needed but there is always a mix of both, time for some of the younger guys to emerge.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
bowman

This
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Why would bowmans injury hider him from being a leader? Just asking
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Hinder
Bowman, then Bethea and Dockett. Dockett is a natural leader that other players are drawn to. I hope Armstead learns a lot from him
Originally posted by SofaKing:
To me, it's definitely Bowman. The guys are psyched to have him back, and he'll have even more of a leadership role than before. He is the spiritual successor to Willis.

This. Dockett will emerge as a leader as well I bet, certainly one of the more vocal and emotional guys in the locker room. Bethea and Reid are others but in terms of guys that will get others hyped up before a game, Bowman and Dockett for sure.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM ]

Originally posted by saniner:
Bowman, then Bethea and Dockett. Dockett is a natural leader that other players are drawn to. I hope Armstead learns a lot from him

Reid is becoming one for sure, Aldon now, Justin, etc. Strong band of brothers.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
bowman

This

• REB4
Bowman, Bethea, Dorsey, and later Docket
[ Edited by REB4 on May 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM ]
Aldon "Love Jams" Smith. And Bethea.

Reid seems too Russell Wilson like. And Bowman is probably going to ease into the position after coming off such a significant injury.
[ Edited by BodhiPaddlesOut on May 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Bethea or Bowman probably.

Originally posted by saniner:

Agree! These guys will be good leaders. Bowman is softspoken, Dockett a fiery guy and Bethea has a lot of experience. Reid will likely be a leader of the future...smart guy and will be able to set the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone