LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

NFL Power Rankings - Post Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
You can't reason the 49ers into a better spot in the power rankings. It is what it is.

sure you can...they are better than 7 of those teams.

I don't write the power ranking, you don't either. It is what it is. for now

Never said I did lol, I think it's laughable to think they are 7th worst team in the league all of a sudden.

8-8 in the NFC West with 10 starters on IR last season just goes to show how good these young players are.
The year Harbaugh took over, the most common prediction was that the Niners would go 3-13 and they were ranked in the high 20's. And, the thinking was generally the same - new, untested coaching staff, questionable QB, re-loading or re-building, etc.
Where was Dallas ranked prior to lat year? Hell even I thought their D would be historically bad. Coaching matters greatly.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 5, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
If Elliot Harrison wrote it, I have to agree with it . . . said nobody ever.
Originally posted by crake49:
The year Harbaugh took over, the most common prediction was that the Niners would go 3-13 and they were ranked in the high 20's. And, the thinking was generally the same - new, untested coaching staff, questionable QB, re-loading or re-building, etc.

Suck for Luck.

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!
Originally posted by verb1der:

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

ESPN Power rankings for the beginning of 2011: Niners 26th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/1
The coaching staff is a question mark and we lost some key players pretty unexpectedly...Willis/Borland

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

The bolded is still reaching.

I remember going from Singletary to Harbaugh, we all celebrated in here as if Bill Walsh came back to life. Don't even try and spin it as if people had doubts with Harbaugh!

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

I remember going from Singletary to Harbaugh, we all celebrated in here as if Bill Walsh came back to life. Don't even try and spin it as if people had doubts with Harbaugh!

NVM didn't see that above
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM ]

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

I was very happy the team got Harbaugh as HC. But I don't remember the rest of the NFL and the media being as sold on him as most Niner fans were. Here's a quote from a local article on SFGate that was largely positive.

"He wants to show he can win in the NFL just like his brother. He wants to prove people wrong when they point to all the college coaches who failed to make the successful jump to the NFL.

"I hope to be very underestimated," Harbaugh said. "I've always found that to be a wonderful competitive advantage."

There were also lots of questions about his staff, especially Fangio.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Oh and you know, 20 players on injured reserve and drama amplified by the media, but yeah other then that they had a chance. If they're healthy this season do you truly believe they are lower then .500?

I do. Questionable coaching staff that is a total unknown. The loss of multiple true team leaders. The loss of numerous quality, proven vets with unknown replacements. Oh, and we play the hardest schedule in the nfl in the toughest division in the nfl. Why are these things so hard for people to grasp?

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

Yes, but as you have clearly stated, the opinions of the homer fans within this forum mean nothing. It is only the opinions of every non homer outside of this forum that count.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

LOLOLOL, reeeeeaaaaach!

Yes, but as you have clearly stated, the opinions of the homer fans within this forum mean nothing. It is only the opinions of every non homer outside of this forum that count.
time for Verbs tap dancing
I wish they ranked us 32!!!!! Dont care where we are as long as we are the ones holding the Lombardi in Feb.

I think we all just have to realize that the media loves to create these types of things so that us fans will get annoyed. It's hard to accept, but their agendas are telling. This, and on top of that, I think most have no trust in Tomsula and his new staff to get us anywhere near winning the division in Year 1 since Seattle and Arizona have played well the last few years and also St Louis possibly surprising this year. In their eyes, we had our little run and until we win games, those thoughts arent going to change.

My hope is that we arent the new Cowboys of recent years, meaning being pretty talented on paper, but continually miss the playoffs and go 7-9 or 8-8 every year. Coaching in the first month of the season will tell us where we are and where we are going.
[ Edited by Beezy33 on May 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone