LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

I keep seeing in every draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
thread that this team needed impact players from the draft from day 1. Please tell me what positions needs a day 1 starter from jump street? Other then maybe CB and we have 6 or 7 of those on the roster. I just don't see it. I don't see a rookie beating out Micheal Wilhoite this season. What this team needs is an offensive coordinator that can put a game plan together,get plays in on time and can score points consistently. If this team had any semblance of an offense last season we would've been 12-4. Could we use another receiver sure but there isn't a lot of playing time there with Boldin,Smith,Simpson,Ellington and Patton on the roster. This roster/team is still loaded and offensive execution/playcalling will define the 49ers season. I can promise you that 3 yards and a cloud of dust and 4 yard passing plays won't get it done.
Just because a player doesn't start, it definitely doesn't mean that he can't have an immediate impact. Look at Aldon Smith's rookie year.....

That's a silly logic..
I mean as you can tell, they didn't draft anything offense for the top 3 picks.

They seem to content with what we have in the starting line up, so yes it does come down to our OC, and how KAP bounces back this year, Because ultimately it's on him.

Everything they drafted for offense is all depth, an hopes that they got a steal with one of them.

and pretty much the guys we drafted for defense even aren't day 1 starters or expected to be.

Yes we got Corners, question is, will any of them produce.
I agree with this....we had players on the team for a year or two that haven't even had a chance to play any real meaningful snaps yet, it's there time to take on bigger roles.

Baalke drafted a ton of high upside players that could be big impact players in a year or two. We all know he plans for the future, he gives most rookies a year to understand the scheme, adapt to the NFL, figuring out what role they will play before throwing them out to the wolves.

Also not all drafts are the same, I didn't think there were a ton of day one starters at positions of need, unless we moved up for one.
I love the message the first 3 picks sent to the offense.

Hopefully the rest of the NFL fanbase noticed too....the ones that hate the Niners and seem to be up on their activities.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I agree with this....we had players on the team for a year or two that haven't even had a chance to play any real meaningful snaps yet, it's there time to take on bigger roles.

Baalke drafted a ton of high upside players that could be big impact players in a year or two. We all know he plans for the future, he gives most rookies a year to understand the scheme, adapt to the NFL, figuring out what role they will play before throwing them out to the wolves.

Also not all drafts are the same, I didn't think there were a ton of day one starters at positions of need, unless we moved up for one.

Good call!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

agreed.
and if you give up too many picks to move up you can set the team back the next year.
This also means that kap is going to have to carry this team on his back this yr. He will finally be out from under the yoke of Harbaw and romn, and will have actual NFL pro game planning, pro game calls, changes at halftime, etc. Basically he played QB last 2 yrs with krappy calls, game plans and never any changes at halftime. Man am i ever glad those two jokers are gone.
  • 909er
  • Veteran

Exactly this, as I commented in another post. Smartest way to draft imo
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Just because a player doesn't start, it definitely doesn't mean that he can't have an immediate impact. Look at Aldon Smith's rookie year.....

That's a silly logic..

Be careful now. With the way some people think here, they will believe you are trying to compare every rookie to Aldon Smith.

Share 49ersWebzone