• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by crake49:
I can't lay Taylor Mays on Baalke. I've read a number of accounts of that draft that said Baalke was mainly interested in Kam Chancellor, but Singletary was adamant that he wanted Mays.

Singletary was yelling in the war room. Looked belligerent, as he often did. Baalke gave in, which I'm sure he always regretted.

Mike was telling Trent to take Bowman in the 2nd and Trent picked Mays, lucky for us Bowman was still there in the 3rd

Oh you were there lol?

if you haven't noticed Trent is in love with drafting Safeties

2nd Rnd - Taylor Mays

3rd Rnd - Chris Culliver
6th Rnd - Colin Jones

6th Rnd - Trenton Robinson

1st Rnd - Eric Reid
3rd Rnd - Corey Lemonier

1st Rnd - Jimmie Ward

2nd Rnd - Jaquiski Tartt

He also loves turning those Safeties into CBs and LBs

THAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE FOR YOUR CLAIM? (and you do know Corey Lemonier is not a safety right?)

He was drafted as a Safety

Trent loves to turn big safeties into LB and small safeties into CB

It's science
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Even after we traded back Peters was right there

Could have gone

1st round - Peters CB
2nd round - Perryman ILB

then start making dumb picks after that

[ Edited by SoCold on May 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM ]
The draft always has a way of showing me how much attention some of you guys pay to this team and draft trends. For the most part Baalke drafts for future need or BPA. Every now and then he will take a player based on need if it's urgent. Right now we don't have an urgent need, we just don't. Yes we lost Willis, Gore, Smith, Ray Mac, and Borland but their replacements have been on the roster for a while. Bowman didn't play last season and Wilhoite is coming back, then we have Moody waiting in the wings as well as the free agent signings. None of the MLB's in the draft would be ready to play week one imo. As far as corner we already drafted two last year who basically red shirted last year and will compete with the vets we signed (Wright and Cook) to lock down the 3rd and 4th spots. At the moment I think the only players on the roster who have a spot locked down at corner are Brock, Ward and DJ. With Reid and Bethea playing behind our corners and Aldon, Brooks, Harold, and Lynch rushing from the outside we don't need Revis and Haden at corner. Running back is a non issue... Hyde proved he's a baller, Bush can play, Hunter can play, and the rookie will have plenty of time to learn. Wide reciver is back logged if you ask me. Boldin is a HOF, Smith is a pro bowl caliber player and they won a super bowl together. Simpson is a legit deep threat, Ellington and QP can play with Adam Henry at WR coach and a new offense I expect us to be much better. I think Armstead will be ready to play much sooner than people expect, he has all the size and athletic ability he just needs a good coach, I have no doubt Tomsula is that guy. If he can get 50% out of Armstead than he did out of rebuild projects like Dorsey then we argubaly have a player with JJ Watt esque potential.YES I SAID IT. Pair him with Tank and Dial (both better than Ray Mac imo) and we have a scarry dline. Not to mention Ian Will, Dorsey and Dockett. Our rotation should be SICK! If Smith comes back... LAWD!
I can't lay Taylor Mays on Baalke. I've read a number of accounts of that draft that said Baalke was mainly interested in Kam Chancellor, but Singletary was adamant that he wanted Mays.

Yup that's the way I remember it
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the entire draft was a head scratcher. TBPH
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by susweel:

please refer to post #2 of this thread

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Don't forget drafting Vance Mcdonald when Zach Ertz was on the board...TB has had more misses then hits...

I think Vance was a Harbaugh pick can't say for sure though

Finding yourself in agreement with sus should prompt a re-evaluation.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Finding yourself in agreement with sus should prompt a re-evaluation.

while it takes a few years to truly rate a draft all of this hub bub is really pointless. Countless mock drafts and rankings all for not.

We should be talking about how the 2012 draft is helping us out right now. Oh wait it really isn't because the only player left from that draft is Joe Looney. Maybe in 2018 we can talk about how awesome Trent was in snapping up all these under the radar guys 1 or 2 or 4 rounds before they were ranked to be drafted.

All I know is a potential starting CB and ILB if not at the least solid #2 guys in case someone gets hurt is better than a lot of guys who may turn out to be backups 3 years from now.

Singletary, what a flop! Would be nice to have Chancellor now and we could have got him in the 4th or 5th round.

Singletary was yelling in the war room. Looked belligerent, as he often did. Baalke gave in, which I'm sure he always regretted.

Mike was telling Trent to take Bowman in the 2nd and Trent picked Mays, lucky for us Bowman was still there in the 3rd

Oh you were there lol?

if you haven't noticed Trent is in love with drafting Safeties

2nd Rnd - Taylor Mays

3rd Rnd - Chris Culliver
6th Rnd - Colin Jones

6th Rnd - Trenton Robinson

1st Rnd - Eric Reid
3rd Rnd - Corey Lemonier

1st Rnd - Jimmie Ward

2nd Rnd - Jaquiski Tartt

He also loves turning those Safeties into CBs and LBs

THAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE FOR YOUR CLAIM? (and you do know Corey Lemonier is not a safety right?)

It's science

Lol no he wasn't . I think you are getting confused with moody.

It's science

Lemonier was NOT drafted as a safety. WTF? He didn't even play safety in college. He rushed the passer. He had 9.5 sacks as a sophomore and 5.5 as a junior and then he entered early.
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Drafting for the future is the best draft strategy imo,unless you have a immediate need and the rookie beats out a existing veteran.drafting this way allows you to coach up players in your system for a year or more and learn behind proven veterans instead of throwing them into the fire and being a liability for the team.
Lol no he wasn't . I think you are getting confused with moody.

Right. Moody played safety and LB in college, but I don't think they drafted him to play safety.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Even after we traded back Peters was right there

Could have gone

1st round - Peters CB
2nd round - Perryman ILB

then start making dumb picks after that

Baalke drafts BPA not for need and you are assuming he had the same values on those guy you did. Peters may not have even been on the board or dropped down due to character concerns.
Share 49ersWebzone