There are 247 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hes a project
alot of people have this guy making the 53, but forget Trent picked Silberman over Brown.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!

Was he dunking donuts or basketballs.

Here ya go

https://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/status/573698388803321856/video/1

he made that look pretty easy haha. He seems thinner in the video. how recent is it?

I'm guessing during the draft process because Rosenhaus (his agent)posted it....check that March 5th (says it on the tweet).
It's kinda funny that Smelter has bigger hands (11 inches) than this kid who's 6-8 350 ...Smelter was meant to be a WR lol
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
alot of people have this guy making the 53, but forget Trent picked Silberman over Brown.

Yeah, TBH I don't think either of them make the 53 over Farrell, who they kept on the 53 all last year to keep from getting poached on the practice squad.

I think they carry eight with seven active on game days (Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Martin and Pears), which sends both Silberman and Brown to the PS.

The only real wrinkle is that we've had a coaching change over, so surprising things can happen, as it's pretty likely that the new regime doesn't value players in the same hierarchy that the old regime did.

Still though, I think Silberman and Brown are BOTH projects. Silberman needs to get stronger and Brown could benefit from the year of getting in NFL-ready football shape too.

I don't think either of them were drafted to be on the 53 this year.

TBH, I think if one of the two of them ends up playing really well in preseason, in week 4 he'll show up with a surprise "injury" that sends him into a redshirt year (Baalke being Baalke, and all).
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on May 15, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Constantine:
Hes a project

Agree.

So was Kilgore and he's a starter. MMartin is a project although not as much of a project.

He could develop like Derrick Deese and Jesse Sapoulo [sp] did,

Once you get into that 5th-7th round range, it's not too surprising to see the later picks outperform the earlier ones sometimes. We'll see once pre-season rolls around, I'm just excited to see them all hit the field and see who impresses.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Once you get into that 5th-7th round range, it's not too surprising to see the later picks outperform the earlier ones sometimes. We'll see once pre-season rolls around, I'm just excited to see them all hit the field and see who impresses.

tell that to Lynch
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Once you get into that 5th-7th round range, it's not too surprising to see the later picks outperform the earlier ones sometimes.

Good point.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Cut fried food; get to 320-330=a future

• ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
LADIES AND GENITALSSSS!!!

We may have just found the real GEM in this draft!!!!

Welcome to the houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee TBROWN!!!!!!

My sentiments. Favorite pick of the draft. Kid is an amazing athlete for his size, and great personality. He just needs to crank up the work ethic, which I believe he will do.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
This guy was a beast in college. I think he will make the team. If he improves his conditioning he will be quite good. If not, he should still be a good backup and jumbo guy. Only downside is he will have limited value on ST.

At 6-8 plus he might be a guy to block kicks on ST.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for ModestoNiner33.
Originally posted by ethan:
At 6-8 plus he might be a guy to block kicks on ST.

He can dunk at that size, why couldn't he block a kick.
Saw the interview clips with him and a couple others and he looks slim. Looks like this guy is taking the weight thing seriously and, training hard. Granted he's sitting down but he certainly doesn't look 350 pounds right now.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Saw the interview clips with him and a couple others and he looks slim. Looks like this guy is taking the weight thing seriously and, training hard. Granted he's sitting down but he certainly doesn't look 350 pounds right now.

Once he gets with our vets and coaches I think we may have a diamond.
Share 49ersWebzone