LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
TB putting in work.

his instagram videos are kind of cheesy with the edits but nice to know he's grinding! I would be more than happy if he earns that extension.
TB putting in work.

You see him on Twitter? Instagram?
Originally posted by NCommand:
TB putting in work.

Instagram a few days ago
TB putting in work.

Instagram a few days ago

Nice, thanks for the update! Glad to hear.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Maybe but would you pay $15M to a guy you've only seen take a few snaps at LT? How often do RT's hit the FA market, get LT $ and start at LT? Honest question...

With the lack of quality tackles coming out of college these days he'll get that shot and that check

It's all about supply and demand, with all the new spread offenses tackles are not being developed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Maybe but would you pay $15M to a guy you've only seen take a few snaps at LT? How often do RT's hit the FA market, get LT $ and start at LT? Honest question...

With the lack of quality tackles coming out of college these days he'll get that shot and that check

It's all about supply and demand, with all the new spread offenses tackles are not being developed.

Agree, and the 49ers are willing to pay for players that will protect the franchise. All TB has to do is heal up and lose weight and get his mobility to where it should be. Once he does that, he'll be getting a boatload of money. What I worry is that he's going to Aaron Lunch the situation. Hope those who saw his Instagram pictures are right that he's working his butt off in the offseason.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jcs:
Trent should have played when the KS wanted him to instead of benching himself. We won 4 out of 5 of Jimmy's games without Brown out and Gilliam is a much better OT than Beadles/Magnuson.

Yea play with a torn labrum with no chance of making the playoffs

agree. how many times did we see posts about foster saying. well he needs to not play until he is fully healthy. how come there is a double standard for the new whipping boy on the zone in trent?
These stories about his ability to play vs what he felt he could do in the eyes of the coaching staff came directly from our own beat writers and is not some fan conspiracy theory.

Some teams will. Let's see, you have the redskins, the browns, the dolphins, the jets, the bears.....

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Some teams will. Let's see, you have the redskins, the browns, the dolphins, the jets, the bears.....

I've never seen it (can't think of one example off the top of my head) but it's certainly possible. My guess is he gets top 5 RT money. Later, if he's moved to LT, he and his agent can negotiate and adjust the contract accordingly.
These stories about his ability to play vs what he felt he could do in the eyes of the coaching staff came directly from our own beat writers and is not some fan conspiracy theory.

Why would the coaching staff feel a guy can play effectively with a torn labrum?

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
I've never seen it (can't think of one example off the top of my head) but it's certainly possible. My guess is he gets top 5 RT money. Later, if he's moved to LT, he and his agent can negotiate and adjust the contract accordingly.

Any contract he signs will have two designations as a rt and lt. It's a big year for him regardless of whoever he plays for, it's money time and I'm sure his agent is reminding him of that on a daily basis.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
https://instagram.fsin1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/c5c55b935381b66fb0e1bdc50d8f5532/5AB7A184/t50.2886-16/29012686_580478968991821_7483066892131762176_n.mp4

https://instagram.fsin1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/34b8be377220cc49deeaab52256ec977/5AB72015/t50.2886-16/29435380_443328326087330_2473678172088958976_n.mp4

These are the video's from his instagram.
https://instagram.fsin1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/c5c55b935381b66fb0e1bdc50d8f5532/5AB7A184/t50.2886-16/29012686_580478968991821_7483066892131762176_n.mp4

https://instagram.fsin1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/34b8be377220cc49deeaab52256ec977/5AB72015/t50.2886-16/29435380_443328326087330_2473678172088958976_n.mp4

These are the video's from his instagram.

Thanks dude. Looks like he's getting close to lifting weights.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Why would the coaching staff feel a guy can play effectively with a torn labrum?

I get the feeling they were hoping he would be better with one arm than Beadles was with two arms. Once Magnusum and Gilliam went down they pretty much had to see if Brown could still play due to the lack of depth.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I get the feeling they were hoping he would be better with one arm than Beadles was with two arms. Once Magnusum and Gilliam went down they pretty much had to see if Brown could still play due to the lack of depth.
They may have wanted him to play through it. But If you go back and watch his last start against the Bears. You'll see he was whiffing on some blocks in pass protection that he usually makes in his sleep.
[ Edited by Hopper on Mar 23, 2018 at 8:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone