LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Should be the starter now moving forward.

Took our coaching staff almost the entire season and various injuries to figure that out.
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Just based on eyeball test without rewatching, I thought he looked great and comfortable.

I totally agree, I would like to see Silberman get some reps as well over Pears.
Brown was pushing guys out of the way, he's huge, definitely something there.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Just based on eyeball test without rewatching, I thought he looked great and comfortable.

I totally agree, I would like to see Silberman get some reps as well over Pears.

Good call!
I can't wait to see this guy play. I've been excited since we drafted him. I wonder how long it would have taken if injuries hit the line like they did.
If our coaching staff was competent Brown would have started many weeks ago at RG or RT over Devey/Pears, etc. Pretty clear if he can keep his weight in check he will be a huge steal.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I could see the med staff (under Baalke's oreders) being intentionally "conservative" with Martin's recovery. If Pears needs to play G (WHERE is Thomas, again?), then Brown gets more reps at RT. I haven't rewatched all of his running plays yet, but Brown sure looked good in pass pro, and he picked up stunts like it was easy.

Where Brown and Tiller were......might as well be invisible as far as this staff is concerned. Either injury or just continuous horrendous play is required to force them to make a move.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 21, 2015 at 12:29 PM ]
Saw this on NN....agree completely.

Preseason PFF grades.

OL:
Andrew Tiller, 115 snaps, +7.6
Brandon Thomas, 106 snaps, +3.3
Trenton Brown, 149 snaps, -2.0 (pass grade +2.9)
Marcus Martin, 59 snaps, -3.3
Erik Pears, 44 snaps, -5.6

Our coaching staff sucks.

This staff is 5 levels below sucking. We need some new adjectives for these clowns.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Preseason PFF grades.

OL:

We are either incapable of recognizing the superior talent, or simply too afraid of hurting players feelings by making them "feel expendable" to make the best decision for the team. That's BS. Let the best man play. Belichek yanks you out if you're not getting it done. We let Devey start half the season and Pears almost all year...

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Preseason PFF grades.

OL:

We are either incapable of recognizing the superior talent, or simply too afraid of hurting players feelings by making them "feel expendable" to make the best decision for the team. That's BS. Let the best man play. Belichek yanks you out if you're not getting it done. We let Devey start half the season and Pears almost all year...

I just wonder how much of this is on Forrester or how much of it is on Tomsula for not wanting to over rule Forrester. Either way, Forrester sucks.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Preseason PFF grades.

OL:

I just wonder how much of this is on Forrester or how much of it is on Tomsula for not wanting to over rule Forrester. Either way, Forrester sucks.

Unfortunately, we have no idea who is making this decision. It could be Foerster making the call with autonomy, it could be his preferences being overruled by Tomsula's loyalty policy, it could be Geep having a preference for vets, it could be a combination of Geep/Foerster expressing a dependence upon vets or guys who are more prototypical ZBS body types. Who the hell knows. It needs to be fixed.
Our team makes me laugh
"Rookie right tackle Trent Brown got high marks for his performance Sunday after entering the game when Martin left. Tomsula said Brown must show he knows his assignments, especially how to handle blitzes and line stunts in front of him. --Tomsula said it was his decision to get more playing time for Dontae Johnson at right cornerback in place of Kenneth Acker."
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Preseason PFF grades.

OL:

Unfortunately, we have no idea who is making this decision. It could be Foerster making the call with autonomy, it could be his preferences being overruled by Tomsula's loyalty policy, it could be Geep having a preference for vets, it could be a combination of Geep/Foerster expressing a dependence upon vets or guys who are more prototypical ZBS body types. Who the hell knows. It needs to be fixed.

From what Tomsula said, it seems as though Brown has a little trouble with blitzes and stunts.
Share 49ersWebzone