LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, let's trade our own developed top 5 RT to our rivals. Jesus Christ dude!

If we could have gotten multiple picks and Lane, I think it'd be worth it. Brown's good at pass blocking, but he's inconsistent in the run game and doesn't really fit this scheme. We could use one of the picks to get a tackle that is better suited for what Shanahan wants to do.

An 0-8 team can't afford to be adverse to moving any player if the deal is right.

If you really think this, then i would suggest you follow roller derby. I think you'd like it. Yeah, i think you'd like that a lot. Good grief. Our one best player...home grown, that is. Sheesh.

Roller derby may have too complex a strategy.

Touche ...mojave. touché. Good one.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 31, 2017 at 1:49 PM ]
We better get an extension for Brown soon while we have leverage- we can't afford to let a young top OL walk. Will be royally pissed if we don't resign beaause we don't think he fits the scheme. Tired of hitting the reset button over and over.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Talk about being on an island!

When you're a really good pass blocker, you dont need a ton of help.
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
It's too bad this guy got his concussion when he did. We probably could have traded him to the Seahawks for some good picks and maybe a player before they traded for Duane Brown.

Yeah, let's trade our own developed top 5 RT to our rivals. Jesus Christ dude!

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
We better get an extension for Brown soon while we have leverage- we can't afford to let a young top OL walk. Will be royally pissed if we don't resign beaause we don't think he fits the scheme. Tired of hitting the reset button over and over.

Brown is the #1 player on the team that should be kept here long term IMO. That is including Buckner.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Exactly...that should translate well to LT too.

Exactly...that should translate well to LT too.

Seems like less runs to the left too.

When you are a great OT, and your buddy next door the OG is fanning on every play, yes you damn well DO need help...not with your man but the man opposite the OG next to you..and that has been fusco and he has been horrid, lets him man nail the qb most plays. Sorry brown can't block two guys, one about 6-8 feet from the other.
When you are a great OT, and your buddy next door the OG is fanning on every play, yes you damn well DO need help...not with your man but the man opposite the OG next to you..and that has been fusco and he has been horrid, lets him man nail the qb most plays. Sorry brown can't block two guys, one about 6-8 feet from the other.

Truth!

The rest of the OLine sucks.

Staley could move to RT where he started as a rookie for us.

Move Trent to LT and get 2 -3 high caliber FA guys for the Guard positions.

Things is he isnt getting help much neither is Staley. Which just shows how week the interior is when both of your tackles are doing it on and island yet the QB is still under pressure.

Brown is back at practice - imo, he should be at LT this week in AZ. Gives us a chance to see if he can man that spot.

lol - biderman just wrote about this: http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/01/49ers-announce-four-roster-moves-while-dealing-with-slew-of-injuries/
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Nov 1, 2017 at 4:09 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good to have the big guy coming back.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Amen to that Mayo. What i can't figure out is how the heck does a guy 6'8" get a concussion? I thot i saw his helmet come off, but on replay I never saw what happened. Anyone?

And yes, i am really glad to see him back. Still my favorite player on the team, and one could argue our best player.

Amen to that Mayo. What i can't figure out is how the heck does a guy 6'8" get a concussion? I thot i saw his helmet come off, but on replay I never saw what happened. Anyone?

And yes, i am really glad to see him back. Still my favorite player on the team, and one could argue our best player.

Do we put him at LT these next couple of weeks?
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Nov 3, 2017 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Do we put him at LT?

He was at LT in practice yesterday
Share 49ersWebzone