LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Trenton Brown Florida Gators Round 7 Pick 27, Overall Pick 244 by San Francisco 49ers

Height 6-8
Weight 350
Arm Length 36
Hand Size 10 7/8

Notes by ESPN Scout´s Inc

- He didn't play football until his junior year of high school
- Massive frame with rare arm length and big hands

- Massive and rarely gives ground
- Wide frame and excellent length
- Flashes strong punch

- Flashes ability to generate above average initial surge
- Bulldozer that flashes ability to generate excellent push
- Flashes ability to get hands inside, press and steer defenders

- Flashes willingness and ability to deliver kill shot when turns to help out in pass pro
- Plays angry at times and tough to handle when he's aggressive

ESPN´s Take

Brown, at 6-8 and 350 pounds, is massive. He engulfs defensive tackles and flashes the ability to drive them off the ball in the run game, plus his rare arm length and wide frame make it tough to get around him in pass protection.

NFL´s Take

This pick is consistent with teams taking a chance on the measurables prospects late in the draft. San Francisco loves to win with their size and strength up front so he fits the mold of that unit.

Local Media Interview

Q: Are the 49ers looking at you more as a tackle or guard?
A: A tackle.

Q: Can you play both sides?
A: Yes sir, I can.
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!
This is one large man. Even if he isn't very good it will take opponents a while to run all the way round him
Originally posted by DeUh

Local Media Interview

Lol does he mean nose tackle? That's a big boy
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Trenton-Brown-windmill-dunks-at-350-pounds-35972251
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by DeUh

Local Media Interview

Lol does he mean nose tackle? That's a big boy

I had him slated as our future "Iupati pulling G" with that size and athleticism but dayem, we're going to try him at T to start? That's impressive and shows you how we feel about his athleticism and footwork!

PS: Tomsula noted that diet is going to be a heavy factor for him and that we have plenty of people to help him with that. SO expect him to slim DOWN to 330ish...would be my guess.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by NCommand:

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/VIDEO-Trenton-Brown-windmill-dunks-at-350-pounds-35972251

#itsEAZY (windmill dunking at 350)
Maybe they want to convert him to a NT??

I'd sure hate to pick up his food bill.
Okoye vs. Brown 2015 - The greatest (training camp) battle no one saw. The ground shook and thunder crashed down from the heavens.

While not all will pan out, it'd be great to see one of these behemoths take the field.
I like, go compete young man.

Wondering if Brown and Silberman both make the team. Looney could be on the bubble unless we plan on moving these guys to the PS where they will just get picked up by another team. Seems like if he can get his weight down from 350 to 330-335 we got something here. Shouldn't take too long working out with our vets. Coach up the techniques a bit and get him to play aggressive and motivated and we got our #3 swing tackle maybe. At least backup RT.
They listed him at 355 during the draft...whatever, he's a massive dude. Foerster should be able to whip him into shape so he's a factor for RG in 2016 when Boone leaves. So, Baalke may trade one 6-8 guy for another.
He was 376 lbs at the Senior Bowl. He lost 21 lbs. for the Combine...
Gonna eat himself out of the league
i think he was picked primarily to be in our jumbo packages. He is a mountain of a man and i think having him clearing running lanes will make this pick look genius.
Share 49ersWebzone