LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

The smallest guy we drafted is 217 lbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Don't you find it ironic though that Seattle is one of the smallest teams in the league?

not really, it's because they have a midget at QB

how is verne troyer doing up there
Originally posted by NCommand:
Isn't the shortest guy 5'11"...but weighs 225 (UDFA).

No it is the RB 5' 9" 217.
Originally posted by GoForGold:
Maybe we can use Brown on goal-line offense, as a Fullback, and Defense as a Tackle?

That is the idea, jumbo packages, for short yardage.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Pinnion - 6'5" 220.

229 is what he weighed at the Combine. Even the punter is built big, think about it, Justin Hunter who was drafted by the Titans a few years ago is 6'4" and weighs like 200, this dude is a punter, he's 6'5" and goes 230.

He'll be part of our hit club. He's seriously going to decapitate a smaller returner. Book it!
Originally posted by WildBill:

Finally...a guy I'm taller than!
Originally posted by WildBill:

You're both kind of right...
02/19/2015 - 2015 NFL Combine Quick Hits: South Carolina RB Mike Davis said he was 225-plus pounds during the season, but that he feels "a lot" better at 217, his current weight here at the NFL Combine. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

That's because he allowed himself to become a fat b*****d and really hurt his own draft stock at his pro day as a result of it which as a small school guy is a no no, he's probably best suited to be around 210 or so.
  • REB4
What you need is more speed to beat Seattle. We had size & weight advantage on Offense vs their Defense. Their team was too fast for our lumbering guys to keep up with them. So this might not be a good thing.
Originally posted by REB4:
What you need is more speed to beat Seattle. We had size & weight advantage on Offense vs their Defense. Their team was too fast for our lumbering guys to keep up with them. So this might not be a good thing.

The tecmo bowl playbook didn't help much either...

We got plenty of speed with T. Smith, Ellington and Patton (now finally given opportunities to play), we just need an offense that is committed to putting the players in the best position possible.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That figure is skewed because T - Trenton Brown is 6'8" 350 lbs.

How is the minimum weight skewed by the maximum?

NVM, I'm sure you're talking about the avg.
[ Edited by kray28 on May 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM ]

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Hot take, I like it though. The NFC west is arguably the most physical division in the NFL and it doesn't look to be getting softer any time soon, so it makes sense to beef the team up, especially in the trenches.

Eff finesse, hit em in da mouf- This message approved by Mike Singletary.

Because Singletary was so successful here. The reason we lost to Seattle in the end was never about toughness...it was about cheapshots/injuries, and ironically 2-3 plays where Wilson would make a miracle play or a receiver would make a miracle catch....finesse plays.

When it came time for us to make those same types of plays...whether through skill or speed, we couldn't do it. In the end, I would blame our losses on a lack of skill/finesse over not being tough enough.
I know...and ain't it cool. Baalke drafted with his gut...and I applaud him for it. It was almost "Seattle-esque", taking players where the so-called experts thought he was crazy. Taking guys not many have heard of. Good for you, Trent. I can't wait to see guys like Tartt, Harold, Bell, Davis, Smelter and even the P Pinion on the field. I could just hear the eyes roll when Baalke picked him...know what, though? Dude is huge and has a booming leg...shoot, he was even Clemson's long-range FG kicker. Likewise when he took the huge 6-8, 355 lb OG from Fla, Brown. You know Foerster will get him slimmed down to @ 345 or so and he could be a factor for RG in 2016. Maybe my favorite pick of the draft was Busta Anderson, another good hands TE, which were in short supply on the roster. Any guy named Busta just has to be good.
Share 49ersWebzone