LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers 2015 UDFA Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't take the chance of letting WR Darius Davis slip through the cracks... be it because of playing time or having a Blame Gabbert making him look bad. in preseason.

this kid has a different kind of speed on the field... if you just watch his whole highlight film, you see that each time he has 1-2 steps on a guy.... he has an extra gear which he pulls away.

THAT is what we need, that type of speed. And this kid breaks tackles too.

man I just have a feeling we are going to f**k this up somehow.

that slow 40 time was because he came in fat...but even then still ran a 4.6.

let him roommate with Kap and pick up some of his work ethic.
Yep,I see it too,we can`t hide him on the practice squad,He will have to make the team,I think with Smelter being on the PUP list we will carry 6 WRsthat leaves Davis as the n6th wideout......dude has some serious speed with like 2 extra gears.

Still don't have the roster spot available.

We have 5 WR's (2 FA's and Boldin,Ellington and Patton)

3 TE's with Davis, McDonald and Bell 4th rd pick

2 FB's with Miller and last year's redshirt coming in

4 RB's with Hyde, Bush, Hunter and our 4th rd pick Davis

We still have Carrier, plus 7th rd pick "Busta", and several other returning TE's
If we keep 8 OL and 3 QB's that makes 11

Leaves 14 spots left on offense 4 RB, 3 TE, 2 FB makes 9

That leaves 5 spots at WR and 5 are already earmarked. No spot left for Carrier, Busta and the UDFA's to fight for unless injuries open up spots. That's if we keep only 8 OL. If we keep 9 then we have -1 spots available.

Training camp/preseason injuries will determine everything. The good news is UDFA's usually don't get poached and you can put them on the practice squad. We also might keep only 2 QB's and put 1 on the practice squad which could open 1 spot.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erChica:
Blakeney is 6'6 not 6'4.

Pro Day Results

Height: 6043
Weight: 223
Arm Length: 33 5/8
Hand Size: 10 3/4
40-Yard 4.62
10-Yard 1.58
Vertical 36 1/2
Broad 10´09
Shuttle 4.26
3-cone drill 6.89
Bench press 17
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Blakeney is 6'6 not 6'4.

Pro Day Results

40-Yard 4.62
10-Yard 1.58
Vertical 36 1/2
Broad 10´09
Shuttle 4.26
3-cone drill 6.89
Bench press 17

6043 = 6' 4 3/8"

I think that that is closer to 6 feet 4 inches than it is to 6 feet 5 inches.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't take the chance of letting WR Darius Davis slip through the cracks... be it because of playing time or having a Blame Gabbert making him look bad. in preseason.

this kid has a different kind of speed on the field... if you just watch his whole highlight film, you see that each time he has 1-2 steps on a guy.... he has an extra gear which he pulls away.

THAT is what we need, that type of speed. And this kid breaks tackles too.

man I just have a feeling we are going to f**k this up somehow.

that slow 40 time was because he came in fat...but even then still ran a 4.6.

let him roommate with Kap and pick up some of his work ethic.
Yep,I see it too,we can`t hide him on the practice squad,He will have to make the team,I think with Smelter being on the PUP list we will carry 6 WRsthat leaves Davis as the n6th wideout......dude has some serious speed with like 2 extra gears.

I am partial to small school players. I want this kid to make the roster.

Originally posted by 15crabtree:
Johnny Morton is not the wr coach & roman is no longer here .those 2 held the offense back ....but the only thing that boggles the mind at cb ......and also the ilb ...I think moody may shock a lot of people

It's interesting you bring up Moody b/c last year several were saying he'd be that ideal ILB/SS player like we now project Tartt to be. Perhaps he stays on as his backup in that role and continues on as a good ST player.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 4, 2015 at 6:48 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
Showing up in poor shape to your pro day says everything about you.
Why even sign that kind of guy, when there a bunch of self starters with talent out there

I do not think that showing up a pro day in poor shape says everything about a guy.

It might say something, but without more information, I am not sure what it says.

I believe that player's agents usually pick up the costs for the pre-draft training.

Maybe, the kid did not have an agent willing to do this. He might have worked out on his own and just did not to a good job.

I do not know. More information might be needed.

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

WR Darius Davis - HSU (Henderson State)

5'11 - 220 lbs

40 time : 4.6 - Vertical 37.5in (slow 40, but he's a playmaker)

He don't look slow once he has the ball in his hands. Just from these highlights, he's running around, through, and away from people once he has the ball. Very Jerry Rice like in that regard.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Blakeney is 6'6 not 6'4.

Pro Day Results

40-Yard 4.62
10-Yard 1.58
Vertical 36 1/2
Broad 10´09
Shuttle 4.26
3-cone drill 6.89
Bench press 17

6043 = 6' 4 3/8"

I think that that is closer to 6 feet 4 inches than it is to 6 feet 5 inches.

nice wingspan, quite big hands, not the worst vertical by any means, the shuttle is also pretty good. Seems to be very athletic given his size.
  • buck
  • Veteran
49ers add top UDFA Utah WR Dres Anderson

Anderson (6'1/187) graduated fifth all-time in receiving yardage for the Utes, parlaying 134 catches into 2,077 yards (15.5 YPR) and 17 TDs.

He is the son of ex-Rams WR Flipper Anderson. Dres tore his left meniscus last October and required year-ending surgery, preventing Anderson from testing at the Combine.

He did clock 4.43 at the Utah Pro Day. The reddest flag on Anderson is an 18.6-percent drop rate between his final two college seasons. He is a leggy, straight-line burner who may have to make his NFL living as a low-volume vertical streaker.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/42334/49ers-add-top-udfa-utah-wr-dres-anderson
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Welcome to the team guys. I hope one of you can return kicks and punts.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
18.6 % drop rate for anderson? There's bad--then there's BAD
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Welcome to the team guys. I hope one of you can return kicks and punts.
you mean you have no confidence in okoye to handle those duties?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think the guys we signed as a free agent will have all the chances as much as the guys we drafted..

just hang in there fellas, the set WRs we signed reminded me of the guys below..

John Taylor

Mike Sherrard

Ed McCaffrey
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think the guys we signed as a free agent will have all the chances as much as the guys we drafted..

just hang in there fellas, the set WRs we signed reminded me of the guys below..

John Taylor

Mike Sherrard

Ed McCaffrey

Which?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Davis looks like a real burner, hope we can get something out of him.
Share 49ersWebzone