LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Post Draft 53 Man Depth Chart

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ucsbpv20:
Now that the draft is over I think you can put together a relatively clear picture of what the 53 man roster will look like going into the season. I know most people are generally pessimistic for the coming season but after looking at the 53 man roster I feel more confident this is a team that can compete. I really wanted to see how people feel after looking at the depth chart. Does this make you more confident going into the season or worse?

Remember this is obviously just a guess at the 53 and I admittedly was a little optimistic with some of the rookies making the team. However for the last few years most of the rookies have managed to find a way onto the roster relatively few have been cut.

Offense

QB Kap/ Gabbert
RB Hyde/ Bush/ Hunter/ Davis
FB Millar/ Millard
TE V. Davis/ McDonald/ Bell
WR T. Smith/ Ellington/ Simpson
OT Staley
OG Thomas/ Looney
OC Martin/ Kilgore
OG Boone/ Silberman
OT A. Davis/ T. Brown
WR Boldin/ Patton
Slot Ellington

Defense

DE Tank/ Dial/ T.J.E
DT Williams/ Dorsey
DE Docket/ Armstead
OLB Lynch/ Brooks/ Lemonier
ILB Wilhoite/ Moody
ILB Bowman/ Wheeler
OLB A. Smith/ Harold
CB Brock/ Reeser/ Acker
FS Reid/ Ward
SS Bethea/ Tartt
CB Johnson/ Wright
NB Ward/ Tartt

K Dawson
P Pinion
LS Nelson

PUP Smelter/ Anderson

Bubble Pears/ Farrell/ Cook/ Bellore/ Lee/ Celeck/ Carrier

I would change McDonald for Carrier and I like you put Anderson on PUP He`s a KeeperI would like to see Darius Davis be he 6th Wr with Smelter on PUP,I`m really pulling for this kid he is a WR in a RB body,Not easily to bring down has elite speed are you listening Coaoch T.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
FYI, Bellore will make the roster, whenever a team signs a player with a LTBE Incentive as high as $305K, it indicates he is a lock.

Also not sure we cut Carrier, we gave him a $400K bonus.

What is LTBE?
LOL the depth chart looks like we had no draft. Wtf
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
What is LTBE?

Likely To Be Earned
i have no f**king idea dude
F McDonald I like buster Anderson and Blake bell
Originally posted by BigBug415:

All of our draft picks might start out as backups but that happened last year too and by the end of the year Borland, Lynch and Johnson had major roles. I could see an injury happening at Safety, TE or DE and then all of a sudden a rookie could be staring. I think that by then end of the season 2 or 3 rookies will end up in starting roles.

All of our draft picks might start out as backups but that happened last year too and by the end of the year Borland, Lynch and Johnson had major roles. I could see an injury happening at Safety, TE or DE and then all of a sudden a rookie could be staring. I think that by then end of the season 2 or 3 rookies will end up in starting roles.

It's called having a stacked team...no obvious holes in talent. But many of these guys will likely contribute this year. My guess:

• Armstead situationally against the run.
  • Tartt on STs and in dime...possibly nickle.
  • Harold on obvious pass rush downs.
  • Bell as a 3rd TE or occassionally 1st team depending on VDs health.
  • Davis as a tough, short yardage guy...less likely than the others.
  • Pinion as kickoff/STs guy. Lee's eventual replacement.
  • Brown--will push team bus if engine conks out.
  • Silberman...odd man out with Pears taking the final spot. PS?

IR Smelter and Anderson...both really good athletes.
Originally posted by Broseph6:
F McDonald I like buster Anderson and Blake bell

some of you "fans" turn on our own players after 1 bad year lol

Agreed. Most will come in on several offensive and defensive packages this year and slowly work into bigger roles for next year. But given that most will play 40-60%+ snaps, they are still "starters."

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

It's called having a stacked team...no obvious holes in talent. But many of these guys will likely contribute this year. My guess:

• Armstead situationally against the run.
  • Tartt on STs and in dime...possibly nickle.
  • Harold on obvious pass rush downs.
  • Bell as a 3rd TE or occassionally 1st team depending on VDs health.
  • Davis as a tough, short yardage guy...less likely than the others.
  • Pinion as kickoff/STs guy. Lee's eventual replacement.
  • Brown--will push team bus if engine conks out.
  • Silberman...odd man out with Pears taking the final spot. PS?

IR Smelter and Anderson...both really good athletes.

Perfect. Let me add a couple too:
  • Armstead was confirmed he'll also be on FG and Point-after ST teams
  • Harold and Tartt are beats on ST's.
  • Bell will be used heavily in the RZ but can also double as a backup QB and for the wildcat, read-option, etc.
  • Davis will probably be a beast on ST as well
  • Pinion can also tryout and backup Dawson as well which saves a roster spot in case the 40 year old pulls a hammy
  • LMAO on Brown. And he'll challenge CK in a dunking contest...and win!
  • I'm feeling an injury coming on...or PS.
  • Busta is going to lose a few pounds and try out at the X WR position IMHO; dude even "looks" like T.O. in uniform/playing.
Originally posted by NCommand:
  • Bell will be used heavily in the RZ but can also double as a backup QB and for the wildcat, read-option, etc.
  • Pinion can also tryout and backup Dawson as well which saves a roster spot in case the 40 year old pulls a hammy
  • Busta is going to lose a few pounds and try out at the X WR position IMHO; dude even "looks" like T.O. in uniform/playing.

Good points! Pinion was very well regarded coming out of HS as a kicker as well as a punter...#1 punter and #3 kicker...so he is versatile. It may seem odd to carry an extra guy for kickoffs but Dawson is 40 and Lee 32 so both are getting up there in age and it would be nice to have a decent backup for each and Pinion fits.

The athleticism is really special in this group...if their football ability measures up it will really boost the team.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by communist:
I think that we will axe a player in a different position. Perhaps, we will carry only 5 WRs with us since we won't use many of them anyway.
And I don't think that we need a 3rd-QB, especially with Blake Bell on the roster.
Dahl is a goner and LJ McCray could be gone too. I don't think that we need more than 4 Safeties.

On the op's chart it looks like the roster is already shaped that way. Like I said earlier in the thread the changes I see on his chart is I think Bellore and Pears based on their guaranteed money and what they were signed for make the team in place of Lemonier and a rookie olineman. I agree with Ab in that I think Carrier and Cook's contract structures get them a spot. I just don't see a spot for a 4th tight end anywhere.

I'm thinking the only way I see Bell earning a roster spot on the 53 is if Bruce Miller is cut pending his legal issues and they convert Carrier to an hback or they convert Carrier now and he beats out Trey Millard for a spot.

Bell will def make it cus he is also going to be our #3 emergency qb, Baalke said so himself. That increases his value and his chances of making the roster. I think either Bruce miller or Millard don't make it and Bell takes their spot. Pears will be the swing tackle and brown won't make the roster. Cook will take either Reiser or Ackers spot or maybe we only carry 3 ILB's and use Brooks as an emergency ILB. Def some tough decisions to make. Maybe we cut TJE and only keep 6 DL which would make room for Bellore which I think is a smart move since so many of our DL are versatile. I don't think we need 7 DL
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Bell will def make it cus he is also going to be our #3 emergency qb, Baalke said so himself.
Oh wow, Baalke said that, huh? I don't mind the strategy, it just kind of sucks that our backup is Blaine ****ing Gabbert. I'd feel much better about the approach if we had a decent backup.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Good points! Pinion was very well regarded coming out of HS as a kicker as well as a punter...#1 punter and #3 kicker...so he is versatile. It may seem odd to carry an extra guy for kickoffs but Dawson is 40 and Lee 32 so both are getting up there in age and it would be nice to have a decent backup for each and Pinion fits.

The athleticism is really special in this group...if their football ability measures up it will really boost the team.

And did I mention the 350-360 pound Brown can dunk? LMAO!
Share 49ersWebzone