LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Post Draft 53 Man Depth Chart

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that the draft is over I think you can put together a relatively clear picture of what the 53 man roster will look like going into the season. I know most people are generally pessimistic for the coming season but after looking at the 53 man roster I feel more confident this is a team that can compete. I really wanted to see how people feel after looking at the depth chart. Does this make you more confident going into the season or worse?

Remember this is obviously just a guess at the 53 and I admittedly was a little optimistic with some of the rookies making the team. However for the last few years most of the rookies have managed to find a way onto the roster relatively few have been cut.

Offense

QB Kap/ Gabbert
RB Hyde/ Bush/ Hunter/ Davis
FB Millar/ Millard
TE V. Davis/ McDonald/ Bell
WR T. Smith/ Ellington/ Simpson
OT Staley
OG Thomas/ Looney
OC Martin/ Kilgore
OG Boone/ Silberman
OT A. Davis/ T. Brown
WR Boldin/ Patton
Slot Ellington

Defense

DE Tank/ Dial/ T.J.E
DT Williams/ Dorsey
DE Docket/ Armstead
OLB Lynch/ Brooks/ Lemonier
ILB Wilhoite/ Moody
ILB Bowman/ Wheeler
OLB A. Smith/ Harold
CB Brock/ Reeser/ Acker
FS Reid/ Ward
SS Bethea/ Tartt
CB Johnson/ Wright
NB Ward/ Tartt

K Dawson
P Pinion
LS Nelson

PUP Smelter/ Anderson

Bubble Pears/ Farrell/ Cook/ Bellore/ Lee/ Celeck/ Carrier
i count 55
Based off what they paid him, I think Pears makes the team over one of the oline rookies and because of his special teams abilities I think Bellore makes the team probably in place of Lemonier.

Where it gets tricky is if Justin Smith returns then who gets the boot on the dline? Jerrod-Eddie?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 2, 2015 at 11:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Based off what they paid him, I think Pears makes the team over one of the oline rookies and because of his special teams abilities I think Bellore makes the team probably in place of Lemonier.

Where it gets tricky is if Justin Smith returns then who gets the boot on the dline? Jerrod-Eddie?

Yeah Pears should make the roster, only way he is cut is if he is horrible.

Bellore also makes it IMO.

If Smith returns, then TJE is obvious one, since he has no guaranteed money in his deal.
Also might add Chris Cook seems like a lock for the 53 man, not only did he get a $150K bonus, he has I believe $500K of his base salary guaranteed.
One more note, Carrier probably makes it, he received a $400K bonus when he signed his extension.

Also for guys like Pears, and Bellore, who have large LTBE Incentives, that's usually an indication that they are locks for the roster. Shareece Wright also has a $250K LTBE. Pears ia $1M and Bellore is $305K
Originally posted by lucky_49:
i count 55

Its only 53 i added Ellington and Ward twice to account for them being the starter in the slot and nickle but also backups at WR and FS
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
One more note, Carrier probably makes it, he received a $400K bonus when he signed his extension.

Also for guys like Pears, and Bellore, who have large LTBE Incentives, that's usually an indication that they are locks for the roster. Shareece Wright also has a $250K LTBE. Pears ia $1M and Bellore is $305K

I was thinking the same thing on Carrier. My guess is they keep Carrier, McDonald, and Vernon and try to stash Bell on the practice squad.

I think when you really map it all out on paper you can see that this is still a really talented team. There will be some tough cuts this year as well.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 3, 2015 at 5:10 AM ]
For fullback, you list FB Millar/ Millard.

I assume you mean Bruce Miller and Trey Millard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Miller is done if anything comes out of his pending case with the Police. I think he has been a great player and want him back (proven commodity over potential), but the Team may feel comfortable with Millard if he looks fully recovered and is demonstrating the talent he was drafted for.

Might change the roster count right there.
I was thinking the same thing on Carrier. My guess is they keep Carrier, McDonald, and Vernon and try to stash Bell on the practice squad.

I think when you really map it all out on paper you can see that this is still a really talented team. There will be some tough cuts this year as well.
never ever they will try that. He would be claimed off waivers for sure. Bell will be the 4th TE on the roster.

Originally posted by communist:

never ever they will try that. He would be claimed off waivers for sure. Bell will be the 4th TE on the roster.

Then who gets the ax in favor of bell? I just don't see the team keeping 5 tight ends if you count Kyle Nelson and take a player away from a position that will need the depth more.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 3, 2015 at 6:20 AM ]

Then who gets the ax in favor of bell?
I think that we will axe a player in a different position. Perhaps, we will carry only 5 WRs with us since we won't use many of them anyway.
And I don't think that we need a 3rd-QB, especially with Blake Bell on the roster.
Dahl is a goner and LJ McCray could be gone too. I don't think that we need more than 4 Safeties.
I think that we will axe a player in a different position. Perhaps, we will carry only 5 WRs with us since we won't use many of them anyway.
And I don't think that we need a 3rd-QB, especially with Blake Bell on the roster.
Dahl is a goner and LJ McCray could be gone too. I don't think that we need more than 4 Safeties.

On the op's chart it looks like the roster is already shaped that way. Like I said earlier in the thread the changes I see on his chart is I think Bellore and Pears based on their guaranteed money and what they were signed for make the team in place of Lemonier and a rookie olineman. I agree with Ab in that I think Carrier and Cook's contract structures get them a spot. I just don't see a spot for a 4th tight end anywhere.

On the op's chart it looks like the roster is already shaped that way. Like I said earlier in the thread the changes I see on his chart is I think Bellore and Pears based on their guaranteed money and what they were signed for make the team in place of Lemonier and a rookie olineman. I agree with Ab in that I think Carrier and Cook's contract structures get them a spot. I just don't see a spot for a 4th tight end anywhere.

I'm thinking the only way I see Bell earning a roster spot on the 53 is if Bruce Miller is cut pending his legal issues and they convert Carrier to an hback or they convert Carrier now and he beats out Trey Millard for a spot.
I'm thinking the only way I see Bell earning a roster spot on the 53 is if Bruce Miller is cut pending his legal issues and they convert Carrier to an hback or they convert Carrier now and he beats out Trey Millard for a spot.

They used a 4th rounder on him so I really feel like that's a lock to make it.
Share 49ersWebzone