LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

TE Rory "Busta" Anderson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
maybe im crazy but I see a little T.O in him....(not just the #)

I thought the same thing too!

TO was a LOT faster than him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Great, 8 TE on the roster...

Time to clean house!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

Time to clean house!!!

Lots of good old fashioned competition. I see Carrier and Celek as the odd guys out with Anderson joining the PS.
I think this pick along with all the late rounder guys at TE and WR signal strongly that after the top two at each position.....Nobody is safe. There is going to be some fierce damn competition at those spots this offseason.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We have 5 WR's on the depth chart ahead of him. We have TE's Davis, Mcdonald and draft pick Bell ahead of them

We also have last years H-back drafted ahead of him as well.

Barring injury just don't see a spot available for him.

I would rather have drafted the best kicker in the draft.

I see him being used in 22 personnel groupings. He's big, fast and athletic. Assuming he can block he's our new Delanie Walker.

I thought we drafted Trey Millard for that role and Carrier can play it as well.

Assuming we keep 8 OL and we might keep 9 plus 2 QB's that locks up 10 of 25 positions available for offense

add

WR Smith, Boldin, Patton, Ellington, Simpson

TE Davis. Mcdonald, Bell (4th rd pick)

RB Hyde, Hunter, Bush, Davis (4th rd pick)

FB Miller, Millard

That leaves 1 potential roster spot open assuming we only keep 8 on the O-line and there is a good chance we keep 9

We still have Carrier and a bunch of other TE's left over from last season plus all the WR UDFA's we signed to fight it out for any openings created by injury. If we stay health through preseason there may be 0 openings.

If he is good enough maybe we cut Simpson or Patton or maybe injury opens up a spot
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Athletic TE that is really more of a WR. Drops too many balls.

So basically, hes Vernon Davis.

fixed
We have 5 WR's on the depth chart ahead of him. We have TE's Davis, Mcdonald and draft pick Bell ahead of them

I see him being used in 22 personnel groupings. He's big, fast and athletic. Assuming he can block he's our new Delanie Walker.

I thought we drafted Trey Millard for that role and Carrier can play it as well.

Assuming we keep 8 OL and we might keep 9 plus 2 QB's that locks up 10 of 25 positions available for offense

add

FB Miller, Millard

That leaves 1 potential roster spot open assuming we only keep 8 on the O-line and there is a good chance we keep 9

We still have Carrier and a bunch of other TE's left over from last season plus all the WR UDFA's we signed to fight it out for any openings created by injury. If we stay health through preseason there may be 0 openings.

If he is good enough maybe we cut Simpson or Patton or maybe injury opens up a spot

There are going to be at least 13 players come down with mysterious injuries late in training camp. JS

add

FB Miller, Millard

I saw Millard as an H- back / full back. Baalke wants a big, physical, athletic team and this kid has the makings of just that. I like Carrier but I see this kid giving him a run for the money.
It's a pretty big jumble right now. Millard is too versatile to cut and Miller is too good of a FB to cut. Seems likely we keep 2 QBs to make an extra spot for OL or RB. As for TE either Anderson ends up on the PUP/IR or if he's a wr we probably keep 6 and he makes it in the last spot over the UDFAs who go to the PS. It's going to be a great competition. As for TE Carrier just re-signed for 2 more years plus this year so I doubt he is going anywhere. He's making 800-900k a year so that isnt exactly a min salary there.

QB: Kap, Gabbert (a 3rd qb would be a waste of a spot better players at rb, fb, te, ol, wr)
FB: Miller, Millard
RB: Hyde, Bush, Hunter?, Davis (PUP for Davis or Hunter cut, maybe keep 4, wont put on PS)
TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier, Bell (Anderson PUP he gets snatched up so no practice squad)
WR: Smith, Boldin, Ellington, Patton, Simpson/UDFA? (or both)
OL: Staley, Thomas, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Pears, Martin, Looney/Silberman/Brown (probably keep 2 of these 3)

I dont know we have a lot more players worthy of a roster spot than we have spots for. We probably put a few of these rookies on the PUP or IR.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 4, 2015 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

add

FB Miller, Millard

There are going to be at least 13 players come down with mysterious injuries late in training camp. JS

That would be the PUP list flu? Takes at least till midseason to recover and for some until the following offseason.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Time to clean house!!!

Lots of good old fashioned competition. I see Carrier and Celek as the odd guys out with Anderson joining the PS.

They just signed Carrier to an extension.

I agree - several of the players seem like a search for the Delanie Walker "x-factor" we used to have that caused defenses headaches. Once we lost DW, our offense was much easier for defenses to plan for. Remember, CKs success in year one had a lot of DW mixed in - even in the pistol formation.
Ok - what is with the hand size? 8.75 inches - he is 6'5" tall. I have average hands at 8.5 inches and am 5'8" tall. That can't be right - they would almost be freakishly small on his size body, lol.

The NFL measurement is pinky tip to thumb tip right??
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Ok - what is with the hand size? 8.75 inches - he is 6'5" tall. I have average hands at 8.5 inches and am 5'8" tall. That can't be right - they would almost be freakishly small on his size body, lol.

The NFL measurement is pinky tip to thumb tip right??

He's "tiny hands" Rob Lowe.
Buata Anderson...nice ring for a TE, eh. Another Spurrier guy...if you haven't noticed, his players are prepared for the NFL. Love this guy in the 7th rd.
Share 49ersWebzone