LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Welcome newest 49er OL Ian Silberman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he was projected to be a UDFA :/

oh whoopie f**king doo! We wasted a 6th round pick on a player that was projected to go undrafted.....

Oh whoopie f**king doo. Another negative post that adds nothing to the board!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Just a random tweet so take it FWIW . . .

@RafaAvitabile My friend played HS ball with Ian Silberman. Said he once cried on the field because he didn't want to play. Look where he is now #NFLDraft

https://twitter.com/RafaAvitabile/status/594628696083804162

He'll be crying he not only made it but b/c he's about to train under Chris Foerster & Eric Wolford. Get in shape son!
We are loaded at the interior O-line.

Balke has options when Boone leaves.
wonder if they will keep him at RT or move him to G
BC is known for NFL-caliber OL...Foerster will bulk him up some...hopefully he'll be our swing OT in 2016 when Pears is in his contract season.
Video of him vs the #1 player in the draft. Not bad for a sixth round pick!

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ian-silberman-vs-usc-2014/
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he was projected to be a UDFA :/
At that late in the draft, you cannot predict with any reliability whether a player is going to get drafted or a UDFA.

Yeah, this. If you want a guy, you pick him. That late, draft projections are more like sheer guesswork.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Better pick than you think. On Silberman, in case you folks didn't know, he shut out USC DE Leonard Williams this year. Williams didn't have a single tackle for loss or sack in that game.

beat me to it ... I watched that game ...Ian kicked his ass ....kind of reminded how Erik Williams used to beat up Reggie White when the Packers played the Cowboys
No questioning his toughness.

AND he is probably very well coached coming from O Line U.
Share 49ersWebzone