There are 144 users in the forums

Tampa Bay Punter Bradley Pinion

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pinnion - All Pro this season.

Book it!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
2015 - A Football Life.... Ray Guy's Lost Son!!

Book it!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by captveg:
This scrub was struggling to punt the ball 40 yards at milehigh. lmao.

5 punts for a 46 YD average and 45.2 yard net average. Did just fine.

fine? maybe below sea level. Andy Lee would've been dropping some 60 yard bombs on datass.

so true...I am so underwhelmed by this guys leg....didn't need to waste a pick...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Baalke genius move!!
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by captveg:
This scrub was struggling to punt the ball 40 yards at milehigh. lmao.

5 punts for a 46 YD average and 45.2 yard net average. Did just fine.

fine? maybe below sea level. Andy Lee would've been dropping some 60 yard bombs on datass.

so true...I am so underwhelmed by this guys leg....didn't need to waste a pick...

wow, i am the opposite. i am liking it. now he does not boom those 60+yarders, but he gets high 45 yarders and does not out kick his coverage.
lol watchingt he game now, just watched his 10 yd punt.
I think we should have him on kickoffs he can boot probably 7-8/10 out of the end zone. Any that are returned will be about 6-7 yards or more deep. That would add value to his spot. I didnt watch closely but so far seems to be doing great holding on fg's; no problems so far which can be tricky when some of those special teamers work together for many years. He has the leg and most of the time his hang time is good for long punts. A few line drives.... he just needs to work on kicking inside the 10. Some of those punts from the 50 he missed and they ended up at the 25-30. He isn't lee of his prime but lee also fell off a lot the last few years especially inside the 10 as well. He also was making 2.5 and soon 4 mil... pinion makes 2.38 mil in 4 years so less than one of lee's 1 year. It's only his 4th game give him time guys he will get better on inside the 10 kicks. I think he averaged 41 in college he is already averaging probably 45-46 in the nfl.
This dude is a crappy punter
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think we should have him on kickoffs he can boot probably 7-8/10 out of the end zone. Any that are returned will be about 6-7 yards or more deep. That would add value to his spot. I didnt watch closely but so far seems to be doing great holding on fg's; no problems so far which can be tricky when some of those special teamers work together for many years. He has the leg and most of the time his hang time is good for long punts. A few line drives.... he just needs to work on kicking inside the 10. Some of those punts from the 50 he missed and they ended up at the 25-30. He isn't lee of his prime but lee also fell off a lot the last few years especially inside the 10 as well. He also was making 2.5 and soon 4 mil... pinion makes 2.38 mil in 4 years so less than one of lee's 1 year. It's only his 4th game give him time guys he will get better on inside the 10 kicks. I think he averaged 41 in college he is already averaging probably 45-46 in the nfl.

and i believe his kickoff ability is the most important part. i think it is worth some of his pooch punt woes, and it saves dawson's leg for actual FG.
Trade for lee

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Trade for lee

Andy Lee 2015 preseason :

avg : 44.6
net avg : 39.8

Bradley Pinion 2015 preseason :

avg : 43.8
net avg : 39.3

People need to chill out and temper expectations...he is a rookie and just turned 21. Kevin Huber who is the punter for Cincy was a 5th round choice in 2009. His rookie year his avg was 43.2 and his net was 36.3 yards. Since that year he has steadily improved and in 2014 he had his best year with an avg of 46.8 and a net of 42.1.

There is a lot of room to grow for Pinion and his big leg.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Trade for lee

People need to chill out and temper expectations...he is a rookie and just turned 21. Kevin Huber who is the punter for Cincy was a 5th round choice in 2009. His rookie year his avg was 43.2 and his net was 36.3 yards. Since that year he has steadily improved and in 2014 he had his best year with an avg of 46.8 and a net of 42.1.

I think he will be excellent by season's end.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Trade for lee

For a 5th round draft pick on a punter I expect more. I was at the game last night and his leg was not impressive at all. The punter for the Arizona Cardinals football team seemed to have more booming kicks.
Trade for lee

Also - Andy Lee as a rookie in 2004:

AVG: 41.6
NET AVG: 36.9

By Lee's own career trajectory standard Pinion is likely ahead of the curve.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
For a 5th round draft pick on a punter I expect more. I was at the game last night and his leg was not impressive at all. The punter for the Arizona Cardinals football team seemed to have more booming kicks.

Why do you expect more ?

What exactly are your expectations ?

How does he compare to other punters drafted in the last decade at this stage in their career that leads you to expect more ?

Drew Butler from the Cards has a career net of 38 and had a net of 36.8 last year. He is on his 4th NFL team in 4 years.
Share 49ersWebzone