There are 195 users in the forums

Do you guys see the trend?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Each and every draft pick so far has been a very high character guy that is extremely athletic but kind of raw, except the running back Davis. Davis has high character but isn't raw.

I think this draft is about getting future leaders and tone setters in place with the loss of Gore, Willis, and possibly Justin Smith. We don't have many leaders and high character guys left outside of Staley, Kap, Bowman. Vernon is probably gone in a year. Reid is one but his health is a concern. I like the idea, get a leadership group in place and then later on you can take risks.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The trend is that Trent Baalke is probably the worst GM in the NFL (when it comes to talent evaluation).
[ Edited by kray28 on May 2, 2015 at 11:31 AM ]
I believe it was matt barrows or matt maioco who said to his knowledge 49ers are drafting for 2016 playmakers. We already giving up on 2015 or are we better than i realize? Very heavy project draft so far. Can't say i currently love this draft.
I see a trend in people using the word,"Raw."
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
I believe it was matt barrows or matt maioco who said to his knowledge 49ers are drafting for 2016 playmakers. We already giving up on 2015 or are we better than i realize? Very heavy project draft so far. Can't say i currently love this draft.

Message to fans: we're blowing it up and tanking the upcoming season.
I'm by no means an expert, but follow these drafts enough to know this is inevitable"raw" deal of a draft. Reaches, projects, raw.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I mean if they are tanking the next season, maybe Kap should ask for a trade right now before he gets killed. Sounds like he's being set up to fail by this s**t for brains front office.
Originally posted by kray28:
I mean if they are tanking the next season, maybe Kap should ask for a trade right now before he gets killed. Sounds like he's being set up to fail by this s**t for brains front office.

Yeah I know right. Going out and getting him a legit deep threat WR, a good, versatile, game breaking RB he can dump the ball off to, drafting 2 highly touted OL and best RB in draft last year, going and grabbing another TE, RB and WR today...Setting him up to fail indeed.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM ]

Depends on how you want to look at it. You can put it the way you did, or you can see the reality of losing an entire coaching staff and several key veterans, and start building a new core. The front office can pretend that they're still contenders and draft accordingly, or they can see the reality of the situation and think long-term. Seems like they've chosen the latter and I have no issue with it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yeah I know right. Going out and getting him a legit deep threat WR, a good, versatile, game breaking RB he can dump the ball off to, drafting 2 highly touted OL and best RB in draft last year, going and grabbing another TE, RB and WR today...Setting him up to fail indeed.

Sorry, I don't live in this alternate reality you clearly inhabit.

Love to take a flier on La'el Collins with the extra 7th. If he's exonerated it's highway robbery and if not then no real loss.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Depends on how you want to look at it. You can put it the way you did, or you can see the reality of losing an entire coaching staff and several key veterans, and start building a new core. The front office can pretend that they're still contenders and draft accordingly, or they can see the reality of the situation and think long-term. Seems like they've chosen the latter and I have no issue with it.

The frustrating thing here is that the current scenario (being a non-contender) is one that has arisen from actions of their own initiation. Actions which were so nonsensical and lacking in logic that I have effectively lost all faith in their ability to competently move forward with this franchise.

The frustrating thing here is that the current scenario (being a non-contender) is one that has arisen from actions of their own initiation. Actions which were so nonsensical and lacking in logic that I have effectively lost all faith in their ability to competently move forward with this franchise.

I just disagree. Harbaugh, by his own admission, rubs people the wrong way and generally needs to move on after 3-4 years. They made a deal with the devil in hopes that we'd win in it all in that window....we came close (within 5 yards), but when it was clear that the team/front office had come to a tipping point with JH, it was time to part ways.

To put all the blame on the front office for this is short-sighted, IMO.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I just disagree. Harbaugh, by his own admission, rubs people the wrong way and generally needs to move on after 3-4 years. They made a deal with the devil in hopes that we'd win in it all in that window....we came close (within 5 yards), but when it was clear that the team/front office had come to a tipping point with JH, it was time to part ways.

To put all the blame on the front office for this is short-sighted, IMO.

Watching the front office effectively sabotage last season...and this one by extension...just to correct that makes me think otherwise. The collateral damage of their inability to work amicably with Harbaugh will be huge. The worst is yet to come.

I don't think the problem is Harbaugh...the problem is the out of control hubris in this front office.

Don't worry..it will all be exposed in due time.
Trends I see:

-None of the picks will contribute this season
-All seem to be developmental projects
-Baalke would rather address the back up punter situation that the ILB or CB situation
Share 49ersWebzone