There are 232 users in the forums

WR DeAndre Smelter - 132nd overall pick

I think that he'll end up being the 2 wr.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ny2ThaBay:
I think that he'll end up being the 2 wr.

Yep/ and mabye back up punt return
He's not Breshad Perriman yet
  • cools
  • Veteran
"On Paper" Smelter looks like a good compliment to Smith as the Z/flanker

Good hands and get open ability, Strength to run block and break press coverage, Enough speed to keep the CB honest

Patton may win the starting spot...for now, But I also think Smelter ends up taking the job sooner then later

I like Ellington and Rogers sharing duties as Y/Slot, with Burbridge riding the pine

Doubt we keep more then 6, Carjuste gets "protected" on IR, Treggs to PS

Simpson, White, Anderson and the others move on
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ny2ThaBay:
Smelter and/or Rogers need to emerge opposite of Smith.

Yes sir. I think we have a plethora for the slot. I like Treggs to back up Smith. But we need that bigger body outside.

Anyone come to mind who mighty emerge or becone available?

I'm not sure outside...I think this is an internal job as if we wanted a late FA, this isn't the quickest system to learn. So I think it';s between, in order Rogers, Simpson, Smelter and Cajuste. They all have legit potential IMHO but can they handle the lights, pressure, remain consistent, etc.?
Does this description of running a screen pass bring tears to anyone else's eyes?

DeAndre Smelter caught a pass on a wide receiver screen to the left side and showed nice burst after the catch," said Joe Fann of 49ers Media on Monday. "[Garrett] Celek did well to seal off the sideline while Joe Staley pulled to lead the first-year receiver up-field."

- See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95624-deandre-smelter-emerges-starting-candidate/#sthash.uvxgi3z2.dpuf
I havent seen him play one snap in the NFL, but f**k it hes the next Anquan Boldun

Or the next AJ Jenkins
I hope he pleasantly surprises us
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I havent seen him play one snap in the NFL, but f**k it hes the next Anquan Boldun

Or the next AJ Jenkins

NFL career
2 targets
2 receptions
2 first downs on 3rd down

So far so good
Does this description of running a screen pass bring tears to anyone else's eyes?

DeAndre Smelter caught a pass on a wide receiver screen to the left side and showed nice burst after the catch," said Joe Fann of 49ers Media on Monday. "[Garrett] Celek did well to seal off the sideline while Joe Staley pulled to lead the first-year receiver up-field."

- See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95624-deandre-smelter-emerges-starting-candidate/#sthash.uvxgi3z2.dpuf

A what?

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by frozen49er:

A what?

Just tells me the D didn't defend well.

We sure need as much good news as we can get.
Come D, use that background to your advantage and take the job.
This boys star will shine brighter starting from tomorrow when the pads go on and he can start blocking and popping the hell out of mofos
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This boys star will shine brighter starting from tomorrow when the pads go on and he can start blocking and popping the hell out of mofos

Said early on keen to see this guy perform
Share 49ersWebzone