LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

RB Mike Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181925-49ers-offensive-line/
Originally posted by mojave45:
Trying to stay positive here, abd like your thinking NY, but just to pick a bit, because that is what all good webzone denizens do, do you see the possibility of flipping sides with Beadles and Garnett, putting the rookie next to Staley to help his development? Being protected a bit as it were by not having suspect play right next to him?

Heading to OL thread
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Trying to stay positive here, abd like your thinking NY, but just to pick a bit, because that is what all good webzone denizens do, do you see the possibility of flipping sides with Beadles and Garnett, putting the rookie next to Staley to help his development? Being protected a bit as it were by not having suspect play right next to him?

Heading to OL thread

No too, lol
I'm doubtful Mike Davis makes it though the final cut.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This guy blows.
Wait did I hear Mike Davis played well yesterday???

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Why? Davis is the sort of physical back that can do well in Kelly's inside zone running scheme. He's not an elusive guy, he's not a guy you want running to the outside, he's someone you run up the middle, find him some daylight and let him pick up yards. He's not in the same league as Hyde who can get hit behind the line of scrimmage and still turn it into a decent game. With improved blocking I expect Davis to be one of the biggest beneficiaries.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 11, 2016 at 7:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why? Davis is the sort of physical back that can do well in Kelly's inside zone running scheme. He's not an elusive guy, he's not a guy you want running to the outside, he's someone you run up the middle, find him some daylight and let him pick up yards. He's not in the same league as Hyde who can get hit behind the line of scrimmage and still turn it into a decent game. With improved blocking I expect Davis to be one of the biggest beneficiaries.

Agree about the OL but I can't recall him breaking tackles and busting loose for extra yardage.

I still feel he won't make it it to D-Day.
Agree about the OL but I can't recall him breaking tackles and busting loose for extra yardage.

Weren't many tackles to be broken when he ran into a wall or got dropped in the backfield almost every time. While he was injured the OL was changed out and Tiller was moved into the lineup. He had a few nice runs vs the Rams after he came back.

I don't see Draughns or some other journeyman back beating him out. He's a 2nd year player who will be given every opportunity to make the roster.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Believe it when you see it folks. If he doesn't dominate against the #3's in preseason... time to go.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Believe it when you see it folks. If he doesn't dominate against the #3's in preseason... time to go.

I don't think he'll play poorly....had 4.4 ypc in preseason last yr as a rookie.
I don't think he'll play poorly....had 4.4 ypc in preseason last yr as a rookie.

He was decent during the preseason. Had a couple nice runs to end the season versus St Louis. Get him some better blocking upfront, let him hit the hole and rumble his way to some yards. Its not like his competition is Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch either. A 6th round rookie and a couple dime-a-dozen career journeyman RB's.

Weren't many tackles to be broken when he ran into a wall or got dropped in the backfield almost every time. While he was injured the OL was changed out and Tiller was moved into the lineup. He had a few nice runs vs the Rams after he came back.

I don't see Draughns or some other journeyman back beating him out. He's a 2nd year player who will be given every opportunity to make the roster.

If he makes the final cut then he deserves it and I wish him success.

He was decent during the preseason. Had a couple nice runs to end the season versus St Louis. Get him some better blocking upfront, let him hit the hole and rumble his way to some yards. Its not like his competition is Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch either. A 6th round rookie and a couple dime-a-dozen career journeyman RB's.

Agree

And if he can't beat them out

yeah I don't get the cutting him BS...kid's a 4th rd pick from a year ago and like you said all we have are two football nomads and a 6th rd rookie besides him lol.
Share 49ersWebzone