There are 206 users in the forums

RB Mike Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I guess I am. He over ran holes in some situations while not having the patience or vision to let things develop in other situations. I don't think he made anybody miss. Against the same opposition, mostly every other RB flashed. Davis laid an egg last year.

he deserves a second chance. i was not pleased with him last year but i was not pleased with anything last year. to write the kid off after 35 carries is illogical. he should be stronger and smarter this year and has a great opportunity . lets see what happens
Originally posted by cciowa:
he deserves a second chance. i was not pleased with him last year but i was not pleased with anything last year. to write the kid off after 35 carries is illogical. he should be stronger and smarter this year and has a great opportunity . lets see what happens

Exactly he just a kid... hyde was injured so not much to watch and learn from.... hyde the previous year was able to watch and learn from gore...hopefully hyde stays healthy think it will help
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Exactly he just a kid... hyde was injured so not much to watch and learn from.... hyde the previous year was able to watch and learn from gore...hopefully hyde stays healthy think it will help

if he gets dinged up. i think we have a good selection of backs behind him we can go to and the results will not be tragic
  • cools
  • Veteran
It will be interesting to watch the camp battle for the backup RB positions

Whoever can catch the ball and pick up the blitz will win the #2 spot

Davis was touted for his blitz pick up ability, should have a good chance to win the job
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
It will be interesting to watch the camp battle for the backup RB positions

Whoever can catch the ball and pick up the blitz will win the #2 spot

Davis was touted for his blitz pick up ability, should have a good chance to win the job

one advantage he has over the rest of the back up rbs is his size, all those other guys are really smaller rbs
IG MikeDavisRB ‏@MikeDavisRB 12m12 minutes ago

Can't remember the last time I was this hungry to be successful.
IG MikeDavisRB ‏@MikeDavisRB 11m11 minutes ago

All the doubt criticism and hate fuel me so much
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
^^^ Poor guy obviously spends a lot of time in here.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
IG MikeDavisRB ‏@MikeDavisRB 12m12 minutes ago

Can't remember the last time I was this hungry to be successful.

There was a time where I where I would continually look over to my wife at Williams-Bryce and say, "He might be better then Lattimore"... but then he got lazy and he sucked. I can't remember if it was after the second Lattimore injury or the following season.

I'll be happy if he regains that form.

This guy seems like a nice kid,i'll make him my new hero and cheer for him since Jerry Haynes was too scared and ran away

Lets go Mike
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
This guy seems like a nice kid,i'll make him my new hero and cheer for him since Jerry Haynes was too scared and ran away

Lets go Mike

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
practice squad.

that taylor dude is more handsome, so he'll get the nod.

Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by nj9er:
Our RB situation outside of Hyde is laughable. Now that Hayne is gone i have no hope in any of these guys. Mike Davis and his 1.1 ypc give me a break. Baalke failed again

Take away the RB1 from every NFC west team, and then rank which team has the best stable of RBs leftover.

The only problem with that is they had other playmakers in different position, RB was our only hope.
Our O.line was by far the worst in the league, what did you expect from the running backs..they can't block for themselves.....When we fix our line, we fix our rb's production problem.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
You will have to admit, however, when last yr we released Hayne, and then Hyde went down, that Du Juan and Draughn were two pretty spectacular add ons....out of Walmart and a used car lot... And , behind an awful OL of Martin, pears and Devey, those two backs played damn well.
I hope we cut Pears, Devey and Martin....It's not the rb's it's those bumbs
Share 49ersWebzone