There are 172 users in the forums

49er TE Blake Bell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
If there are two themes from our 2015 draft so far, it's this:

1. Size: We want BIG, athletic players
2. Projects: There will be a lot of emphasis on coaching and player development.

If Balke's vision comes into fruition, this will be one hell-of-a draft class!

Yak IF they develop
I love that we can come out in a 3 TE set and still be a viable passing threat with this addition.
The best thing about this pick is that we don't need to carry more than 2 QBs. Bell could come in if Kaepernick and Gabbert both got hurt.
Makes sense. When I looked at the needs that we have, a big TE, who can catch, something that Vance McDonald should have been, was on my list.

Big body, red zone target, phisically matches Jimmy Graham, now if he can develop in a poor man´s Graham that would be great for us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Yak IF they develop

Tony Soprano will turn this kid into a killer.
Time to dump Vance that dude is garbage just like Corey Lemonier. Glad we picked up 2 dudes to replace those underachievers
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
If there are two themes from our 2015 draft so far, it's this:

1. Size: We want BIG, athletic players
2. Projects: There will be a lot of emphasis on coaching and player development.

If Balke's vision comes into fruition, this will be one hell-of-a draft class!

Yak IF they develop

Yes, definitely a big "If", but I'd like to think the ceiling of our players are higher than most projects:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Time to dump Vance that dude is garbage just like Corey Lemonier. Glad we picked up 2 dudes to replace those underachievers

I don't think they will be dumped. Well maybe Corey Lemonier would. Vance is at least a good blocker. But both of these 2013 draft picks are definitely on notice. I like the fact that there is going to be a lot of competition with the 2013, 2014, and 2015 draft classes.

I also like the pick. Project player, yes, but it's the 4th freaking round. People wanted a tall, big bodied player and they got one.

On the free agent note, they wanted speed, and Baalke has added that as well with Jerome Simpson, Torrey Smith, and Reggie Bush. I like the way the team is shaping up. If our O-line can give average pass protection, I think the offense should be able to average 25 +.
Love this pick!!! Dude is fluid as they get catching and running routes. At 6'6", he has a lot of control over his body. Won't need Vernon anymore.
they are really testing the new coaching staff with these picks

IDK about this Bell pick. In the 5th round, it wouldn't be a bad pick but the middle of the 4th round a Project?? IDK culd be Boom in 2 years or Bust in 2 years. Yes 4th round can Bust.
Hmm surprised by this pick. Seems to me he is a major project.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Blake Bell TE Oklahoma

Height: 6-6. Weight: 252. 40 Time: 4.80. Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 4/27/15:

After playing quarterback in his early years, Bell moved to tight end as a senior. He recorded 16 receptions for 214 yards and four touchdowns in 2014. Sources with teams were impressed with Bell at the East-West Shrine and feel that he has really helped himself. Bell was able to get open with route-running and quickness. At his measurements, Bell has excellent size and length to be a receiving tight end in the next level. He showed surprising receiving ability as he used his size and leaping ability to go for catches in the middle of the field. His hands were also better than expected for a player who spent the majority of his collegiate career as a running quarterback. Entering the NFL, Bell will have to work on his blocking, but he is impressive as a receiver. After his solid week in Mobile, Bell has pushed himself into mid-round consideration and could crack the second day of the 2015 NFL Draft given the overall weakness at tight end.

How's this for indepth analysis......

BOING!!!
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 2, 2015 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't think they will be dumped. Well maybe Corey Lemonier would. Vance is at least a good blocker. But both of these 2013 draft picks are definitely on notice. I like the fact that there is going to be a lot of competition with the 2013, 2014, and 2015 draft classes.

I also like the pick. Project player, yes, but it's the 4th freaking round. People wanted a tall, big bodied player and they got one.

On the free agent note, they wanted speed, and Baalke has added that as well with Jerome Simpson, Torrey Smith, and Reggie Bush. I like the way the team is shaping up. If our O-line can give average pass protection, I think the offense should be able to average 25 +.

every offensive player gets a mulligan
  • Jiks
Wildcat potential?
Share 49ersWebzone