There are 238 users in the forums

The Book of Eli Harold is closed!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9moon:
not sure about you guys, I think he may have gained too much weight too soon.. with that sudden gain of weight, he may lose his agility and quickness..

Fair concern. That said, if he's 270 to start camp, my guess is he'll play around 260 come the start of the season due to conditioning.

He may be 250 after Chip Kelly conditioning
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 9moon:
not sure about you guys, I think he may have gained too much weight too soon.. with that sudden gain of weight, he may lose his agility and quickness..

Fair concern. That said, if he's 270 to start camp, my guess is he'll play around 260 come the start of the season due to conditioning.

Nah, they'll just put him on the Aaron Lynch "Eat a Steak, Take a Steak," meal plan.
Originally posted by YungAce:

LOL. Yeah. Maybe.
I just hope this isn't a screwup like happened with Tank. Bulking him up to be a DE/DT was messing with the recipe. They obviously should have left him as he was , 270ish, and let him play his natural position, OLB. But nope, somebody knew better and made him a DE...which he wasn't designed for. I really wish they wouldn't screw around with players like this. We got what 3 yrs invested in Tank now and 2 of them he should have been this weight, and playing OLB. Cripes, talk about messing wth stuff one shouldn't mess with....

With Eli it WAS a matter of strength and that is a different ball of wax. He needed the weight to get stronger and that has been achieved. Now....can he play?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I just hope this isn't a screwup like happened with Tank. Bulking him up to be a DE/DT was messing with the recipe. They obviously should have left him as he was , 270ish, and let him play his natural position, OLB. But nope, somebody knew better and made him a DE...which he wasn't designed for. I really wish they wouldn't screw around with players like this. We got what 3 yrs invested in Tank now and 2 of them he should have been this weight, and playing OLB. Cripes, talk about messing wth stuff one shouldn't mess with....

With Eli it WAS a matter of strength and that is a different ball of wax. He needed the weight to get stronger and that has been achieved. Now....can he play?

Yeah, Eli adding some weight (10-15) pounds to play the WILL is a whole other scenario than asking an edge rusher to gain 30 pounds on a torn ACL.

Nothing you can do about it now but it does add a chip on his shoulder and he's going to be out to prove it now and so far, so good.

It's going to be fun to see how he does once the pads are put on.
Just saw som snaps from the soft ball tourney and Eli looks huge! I mean like jacked
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just saw som snaps from the soft ball tourney and Eli looks huge! I mean like jacked

Ready to bull over those OT's this year en route to crushing QB's.

I hope so

That's the plan

Haven't heard much about him?

Because he's not very good
Want to see how he does in the pre-season for sure
Originally posted by JR_THEGREAT:

I agree
Originally posted by JR_THEGREAT:

Wow you figured it out of after one rookie season?!
Share 49ersWebzone