There are 217 users in the forums

The Book of Eli Harold is closed!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Because we did not draft a SAM.

He will win the job by virtue of that alone.

I know, this sucks. Maybe Attachou could end up seeing some action at SAM though

That was my original thought as well but they may think playing every down will render his pass rush less effective...hence, Eli Harold on base downs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Because we did not draft a SAM.

He will win the job by virtue of that alone.

I know, this sucks. Maybe Attachou could end up seeing some action at SAM though
This is awesome. with eli. aa and ward, we are sending out a message to all nfl scrubs .. come to the niners.. you will make the team and make a bunch of money and are guaranteed a roster spot because we have no one better at said positions
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i should just bump the ward and aa thread as along as i am in the death by a 1000 cuts mode this morning
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I hope we cut this guy in favor of Pita or any other Sam we currently have or could get in FA before the season. Literally adds no value in pass rush whatsoever. I find it amazing how inept some of these players are at using their hands yet on this team yet make millions of dollars for us. Time to move on.

of course this is the truth. maybe we can find some guy who gets cut from another team to replace him aa and ward... you could package those three up in a trade throw in some cash and a low round draft pick and other teams would still laugh at you

Hopefully some team cuts a Sheldon Day type of Sam LB & we scoop him up before the Season start this ass turd is a waste of a roster spot. Complete trash.
Time to close this book I think. I always hoped he could finally realize the potential he had coming out in the draft as a pass rusher but it's just not happening. Good guy but good guys don't always mean good players.
He's going to make the team. He doesn't have much competition at SAM. Set the edge, cover the flat, and rally to tackles--That's his ticket to the 53. They also want to keep the nickel edge guys fresh, so having Eli do the dirty work in base helps.

I have no problem with him making the team as long as he gets zero nickel snaps. We've seen enough of his pathetic inability to rush the QB.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 4, 2018 at 10:31 AM ]
Just another body. Wish we drafted a kid to compete at SAM with him.
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's going to make the team. He doesn't have much competition at SAM. Set the edge, cover the flat, and rally to tackles--That's his ticket to the 53. They also want to keep the nickel edge guys fresh, so having Eli do the dirty work in base helps.

I have no problem with him making the team as long as he gets zero nickel snaps. We've seen enough of his pathetic inability to rush the QB.

could you go over the part where his pathetic inability is ok in base formations? suppose the other teams run at him. he has a pathetic inability to hold the pooint of attack as well. unless he gets a lot stronger that wont change.
I'm not a fan of Harold as an edge rusher but until we have a better option at Sam I don't care if he starts there.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I'm not a fan of Harold as an edge rusher but until we have a better option at Sam I don't care if he starts there.

Originally posted by Heroism:

All this pretty much.

Harold is not a great for rusher pass. And he is not a great defense for the wall. I think, we have a time to cut him or release him.
Ghosting through another NFL Season, smfh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Harold is not a great for rusher pass. And he is not a great defense for the wall. I think, we have a time to cut him or release him.

we have no one better to replace him. well if he brings nothing to the table then we lose nothing if we cut him. and it should not be to hard to find someone as pre season goes along who can be respectable. spare me about setting some edge. he is garbage

we have no one better to replace him. well if he brings nothing to the table then we lose nothing if we cut him. and it should not be to hard to find someone as pre season goes along who can be respectable. spare me about setting some edge. he is garbage

Corey Lemonier 2.0
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Corey Lemonier 2.0
its nice they have overhauled the roster since lynch and kyle came on board but to me. the worst stench from the prior regime is still on this team and it is stunning if they are deemed to be part of the 53 best
Share 49ersWebzone