LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Black Alternate Uniform Opinion Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Black Alternate Uniform Opinion Poll

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if we win with them ill love them. it could be a lot worse.

No, it's not worse, it's even!
The new 49er's unis are definitely as ugly, if not more.
No... Hell no You have to have enough Red and Gold... hince the name 49ers.
Originally posted by vermonator:

There are 2 things wrong with the new alternates. 1) Black isnt a 49er color. 2) The helmet doesnt match at all.

Its not a Bucs, Seahawks, Jags type of ugly, its just a "not our color, not even creative" ugly.

I would rather wear the blacks every single week over wearing something like the Buccaneers.

As bad as they are, there are still NFL teams with worse regular uniforms.
Black guys in black unis are gonna look like a bunch of sugar ants running around on my tv...lol
I am very indifferent. I knew this was going to happen when we brought in Nike and honestly as ugly as some of the crap they do is it could be A LOT worse. At least black is simple and understated. They could have gone full on Ducks on us with a bunch of stupid ass neon crap and tons of stripes and s**t in places that make no sense.
Originally posted by vermonator:

There are 2 things wrong with the new alternates. 1) Black isnt a 49er color. 2) The helmet doesnt match at all.

Its not a Bucs, Seahawks, Jags type of ugly, its just a "not our color, not even creative" ugly.

I would rather wear the blacks every single week over wearing something like the Buccaneers.

As bad as they are, there are still NFL teams with worse regular uniforms.

I agree with this... Also if they had at least included a little gold somewhere on the Jersey I probably would have liked them a whole lot more. Something like the Saints uniform but red and gold for the colors mixed in rather than just gold.
I would like to see more gold incorporated into the uniform. Gold trim around the numbers would be nice (similiar to the University of Washingtons black uni's)
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Indifferent, they could be better, but I'm excited to see how they look on the field in action. It's a big change and I think opinions will change as we get used to them.

I'm not a fan of black uniforms for the 49ers simply because its not us... couple that with it being an obvious ploy to make some quick cash I cant support it.

however... The uniforms do look waaaaaay better in those fan mock ups with gold trim around the numbers. There is certainly room to improve the design.

I would have gone with white trim around the numbers.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I would like to see more gold incorporated into the uniform. Gold trim around the numbers would be nice (similiar to the University of Washingtons black uni's)

Gold trim makes a world of difference, they really messed up not using gold anywhere.

I'm not a fan at all but the players designed them and it sounds like they all love them...including players from other teams. So who cares. But yeah, if you are going to go this route, gold trim needs to be everywhere.

Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm not a fan at all but the players designed them and it sounds like they all love them...including players from other teams. So who cares. But yeah, if you are going to go this route, gold trim needs to be everywhere.

THIS. I'd LOVE them if they were depicted like the last two posters did them. Sucks that the 49ers couldn't figure it out in months, when Zoners got it right in 3 days. Send these pics to Jed. Often. Like, everyday!!
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
They're going to look rad under the lights.

Im with this guy.

Reminds me of the Mean Machine.

I guess we could at least use Back in Black as the opening tune on the games they wear the alternates.
Yep. Still blow.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Gold trim makes a world of difference, they really messed up not using gold anywhere.

these would've been DOPE
Share 49ersWebzone